NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Off Topic Forum

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Topic Forum
    Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:05am
Just my opinion. FWIW

This off topic forum is bad for CCFAn, all it does is create arguements about topics that I don't feel should be discussed on this board. We argue about Xmas, religion, race , politics, Iraq, etc. Christ,we had one a**hole who was disrespectful to a guy who lost a son overseas. What the f**k are we doing.

Then we have antagonist who post looking for trouble on topics that belong somewhere else but here.

I just erased my reply to working on xmas because I don't want a fight. This used to be a fun place but recently you have to be careful what you type and who you're talking to so you don't get blasted. I can get in arguements all day long at work if I want, I come here for some banter with folks who I have a common interest with and that's Correct Craft boats and water skiing.

I really wish Keith had more time to monitor what goes on so he could squash some of the bull that flies around here.

We should get back to talking about boats and watersports, with an occasional babe photo from Ken.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:13am
Yes I agree we could use less political/religious/racial debating, but I don't think it's the forum's fault. Hopefully the current arguments will fizzle out and the novelty of this forum will wear off.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:20am
Guys I think that we DO agree on one thing and that is our love for cla$$ic CC boats. To chit chat about off topic stuff is better to do it there instead of under engine or boat maintenance. I love this site and visit it several times a day to help and broaden my knowledge of these wonderful boats and choose to read only what I want. I a$$ume we all do the same.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:33am
Alan, I guess I see it slightly differently.
To me, the off topic section is not a problem The topics are not a problem. It is the arguments, rudeness, disrespect, and lack of tolerance that are the problems. That a group of primarily grown men might be "cut-off" because they are unable to control themselves seems a bit silly to me, but perhaps that's what is required.

Either way. I still enjoy the site and people. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:56am
I 100% agree with Alan. IMO, we need to keep this site on the lighter side. I think some of the postings are too deep and cause tension. It's great to share our patriotism, but some tend to go off the deep edge. Sticking to boats, engines, family photos and occasional boobs will keep this site more desireable for all.

Ken
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Sticking to boats, engines, family photos and occasional boobs will keep this site more desireable for all.
Ken

Ken - It's going to be a long cold winter!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 2:17pm
Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 2:26pm
I hear you loud and clear, Scott

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Whatever
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 2:38pm
I don't know what that means but I'm suddenly thirsting for some Hooters beer.

Ken
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 5:16pm
81 Nautique & Hollywood

I like the off topic forum. The senior members here do a good job of calling someone down when there out of bounds. Myself, I strive to be a melting pot of information about Correct Craft Boats - like you guys. Personal opinions are just that. When I hear yours ( anyone's) sometimes I change mine,and I grow a little. Recently I saw someone else change there opinion. And I think we both learned something. On the other hand ,I would like to talk about things that concern me , with people that LOVE the same things I do. Correct Craft Boats are the common thread we all have.
                   No disrespect intended
                        - waterdog -     
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 5:42pm
politics and color no matter what you do is going to piss somebody off, I say we keep the off topic but dont discuss the 2 above,
my02   eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 5:58pm
Eric ,ever wonder why Bill was doing Monica,take a look at Hilary.OOOOOPS, no politics, nor color! sorry guys............boat dr
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 6:09pm
Frankly I can do without the BS, but it makes no difference to me except when and or if it affect the participation of the CCfan brotherhood...

Sure we should have free speech and it's refreshing to see that across this great country we have difference of opinions... but... there are plenty of people that "lurk" on this site, and however convicted in his or her opinion, it should not be so intense as to come to blows with someone..

If we want to attract additional CC owners to this site, and gain their participation in knowledge, reunions, friendship etc etc, then there shouldn't be the need to get into serious political debates, hence making us all look like a bunch of pompus A-holes !!!

Just some food for thought through a nice long winter... It has been said before.. It's about boats peeps... and sure the occa$$ional cladly dressed hottie.......

My 2 cents..
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 7:55pm
we gotta talk about something, any of you guys watch that show about Mount Everest? I was thinking before i seen the show, what kinda pu-- couldnt climb that hill, I guess I was wrong, I dont see that happening in my future, its like why would anyone jump out of a good airplane... that ones not in the future either
"the things you own will start to own you"
1987SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1987SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:05pm
I must agree with Ken.

Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Sticking to boats, engines, family photos and occasional boobs will keep this site more desireable for all. Ken

I learned about this site from the forum at SKIDIM. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of good information and experience to share with others. Things can get a little ...(pick your own description)...sometimes, but at least it is usually restricted to the off topic section.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:31pm
everyone should just put there two cents in and leave it at that.

Besides I thought the idea of life was to see who could die with the most toys.

I read lots of things that I don't agree with, but I just choose not to comment on that thread.

I personally don't hold anyones opinion against them. Just because they don't shre your opinion on something doesn't make the rest of their imput bad.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:42pm
I like the Off Topic Forum. I certainly does expose people for their opinions. I don't see any harm in that. I come to this site for the love of Correct Crafts, but it's nice to see where people stand on different issues. Certainly not trying to offend anyone, but if it is so bothersome, don't click on the "off topic forum" link. It seems to me the link was created to keep such topics out of the regular forum.

There's my .02

-John

Oh wait....Merry Christmas to all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic