NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heisman trophy

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heisman trophy
    Posted: December-10-2006 at 8:32am
Did anyone hear who won it? I missed it,
yeah right
"the things you own will start to own you"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 1:54pm
haha yeah, even being the Michigan fan that I am, I'm pretty sure that me and everyone else who follows college football knew he was gonna win it no problem... HART/ MANNINGHAM for Heisman 07/08!!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 4:36pm
who the hell is that troy smith guy?.....i think i have heard of him a few times.........
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 4:43pm
Jason White. Eric Crouch. Chris Weinke. Danny Wuerffel. Troy Smith.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 4:48pm
HAHAHAHAH thank you Dude!!
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 4:52pm
eric- i think its gonna be a long year for some guys, what do you think?.check out the paper today?. plain dealer has a nice section dedicated to him.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 7:52pm
skipped the PD this morning but I caught him accepting the trophy, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy, real team leader
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 10:54pm
Guys: Enjoy that PD sports. Nothing to compare it to here. That is one thing I do miss. Hey how was the weather this week? Cool here, only got in the 70's.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 7:17am
John, what did you do move close to the boat doc
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 9:48am
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Jason White. Eric Crouch. Chris Weinke. Danny Wuerffel. Troy Smith.

Gino Torretta. Andre Ware. Ty Detmer.

I thought the same thing. Definitely the best player in college this year, but maybe not so hot in the NFL. I thought the same about Vince Young though, so you never know.

Now, living in South Bend and being a huge Notre Dame fan, I would have liked to see Brady Quinn get it, but obvioulsy that wasn't going to happen, and it shouldn't have. However, I think Quinn will probably go before Smith in the draft. Just my .02

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 10:47am
Who does that Troy Smith play for?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 5:20pm
being an osu diehard, i do feel that troy smith will not go in the top 10 but will be a first rounder........cant say the same about brady
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 10:45pm
Eric: We are in central Florida. I think the boat dr is in Bayou country.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 9:13am
John, i knew that, i was reffering to the 70 degree today, boat doc is always razzin me about the weather and then i seen your post 74 today   eric
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2006 at 8:41pm
Eric; Seen that you guys got blasted last week then I talk to a buddy from work today (phone co.) and he said temps were in the 50's. Gotta love that northeastern Ohio weather. Always nice here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 7:36am
yeah, it was a beauty yesterday, almost 60. i personally wish it would snow everyday till march 1st, we also own a bodyshop and we get real busy as soon as you get a dusting. boats and transmission work keep me busy from march to right about now and then the bodyshop carries us through
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 11:08pm
Eric; Do you work straight thru to summer or do you get any winter time off? Nice time to visit Central Florida.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2006 at 7:42am
Yeah, pretty much work all winter, I'll rebuild cores and I still will get transmissions over the winter, and I have a lift so i can do car transmissions in the winter(i wont do them in the summer). we also have a dealers license where we can buy cars and re-sell. I also contract for the company i used to work for,thats a love hate thing.....they beg me to this day to come back to work for them, when i started there as a mechanic in 1992 they were doing roughly 200k a year in service out of that branch and when i left in 1999 as service manager we busted a million and i was wore out, woke up one morning and told them Im done, by this time i was salary and working the usual 60 hour work week and traveling all over the place, billiing 60 being paid 40. I caught on quick when my secretary was told to put slashes on my time sheets instead of the normal hours worked like the hourlys.
I felt when i hit the road and was racking up billable hours i should of got a little taste.   politics ....sorry
Luckily at the time i was building trannies in my garage, those were the good old days all cash deals... paid for a new CC and thats when i met the guys from ron's marine. except with those guys i started trading rebuilds for accessories.... but the day i quit is the day i went into business and havnt looked back. My partner is my brother and he bought out a small body shop and at the time i told him i would buy a piece of property and we'll put up a building and we did. I look back and think "it was'nt so bad working for someone else"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2006 at 8:40am
Hey John is that an invitation?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2006 at 10:39pm
Eric; Sure is, c'mon down and enjoy the weather. Real nice in Like January or Febuary but you are welcome anytime.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2006 at 7:19am
well lets see.. mother and father inlaw, wife, three well behaved children under the age of 8, probably brother and sister in law too and me........ one of these days, be ready. you know somethimg because of this global warming thing i predict in 5 years I'll being growing palm tree's and sending all my winter gear to you, its been in the 50's and 60's all week
thanks for the invite, im bound to make it down that way someday. You near Orlando?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 12:00am
We are about 40 minutes from the Orlando areas. Look at your Florida map, right in the middle of the state, Lakeland, Winter Haven and Lake Wales. Wow I'd love to meet your whole family but a few of them got to stay at the motel.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 9:59am
John, I'll stay at the hotel, I know where Winter Haven is, do they still have spring training there? I inquired about a transmission business west of Daytona, I believe it was in Ocala, It was up and running and the owner is looking to retire, his name is Bill Rice. It was overpriced and didnt come with real estate. I really could re-locate anywhere. Ohio's economy is really stale and we had a offer on our place and turned it down. I also looked at a place in Bath North Carolina right on the intra coastal and it was perfect but as i said our deal on this end fizzled.Thanks for the invitation,I would never impose on anyone and I would stay at the hotel, but I surely would visit you if i headed that way and chances are we did meet at the boat show when you were helping Ron out. I just spoke to Chris and James... they are doing well with thier new business venture, they are the guys that sold the 3 Mastercrafts if you read that post
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic