Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Towing Rigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
Author
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 12:33pm

92 Ford. Only has 60k miles on it. Nothing too fancy but it does everything that I need it too.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2007 at 9:43pm
02 Silverado

Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:16am
98 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6- tows the '86er just fine.
Congrats Benj- you still plannin on towing out to GL this summer? If so, make room for a few cases of Lost Lake Lager
-Brad
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

Congrats Benj- you still plannin on towing out to GL this summer? If so, make room for a few cases of Lost Lake Lager
-Brad

Thats the plan. Not to worry, theres always room for beer.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 4:48pm
nto to sound stupid, and maybe I missed it because I ahven't really been looking for it but has a date been set for the GL reunion?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 4:52pm
Yes, have you checked the Reunion Forum?

July 14-15
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2007 at 5:59pm

98 Silverado Z71 pulls the 94 SN great!
130,000 miles and still going..
Scott
Our 94 SN
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2007 at 4:08pm
Hollywood not as of lately, but I will now.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 7:36pm

OOPS!
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2007 at 7:38pm

03 Ford F350 crew cab 7.3 diesel

overkill for the boats but nice for the camper.     
                            Farmer
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2007 at 8:45am
One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures. Our normal tow rig is a 2002 F-250 superduty diesel. Yanks that SN like it is nothin'. We also have a 1990 Ford 1/2 and Chevy 1/2 which are our back-up machines. Never want to be stranded not being able to go to the lake! We just bought a 2006 Magnum with a Hemi. It is black so it will look cool with the boat. Probably won't pull with the car, but it would be cool. Maybe I will get some pictures posted.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 2:47am
My 79 Jimmy and 88 SN... I still have the Jimmy, but sold the boat last June

This is the new tow rig with my 95 SN.

I really like the Tahoe, and my wife refused to ride in the Jimmy anymore on trips to the lake after 15years of "redneck 4x4" fun.

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 9:08am
Todicus,

Gotta love those old Jimmy's, used to have a Bronco and took the top off that every summer, fun truck.

Your new tuck is awesome, new body style looks great, love the all white, Enjoy!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 9:22pm
Todicus: Man you really moved up in the world. Love white vehicles. You should'a got a ford tho.

quinner: I towed with 3 Broncos (78,87,94) before switching to F-150's. On my third one there as well, but always liked the Broncos better. Leftover from another thread: really liked the "girls and big deck" comment, but in Ohio we always said it a little different. Of course we were the land of "tubbies and vespas" there.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 10:25pm
I don't get it.... what are tubbies and vespas???
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 10:43pm
tubbies are chubby chicks and vespas are a little motor scooter that was popular in the 70's. somebody made a reference to them on another post in jest.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2007 at 10:49pm
Ok, I got it now. yes we definitely have our share of the girls with the "front but" or "FUPA" up here.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 1:11am
Randy, I'm learning so much from and about our members here. I just heard the FUPA phrase a couple of months ago and thought the kids HERE just made it up. The "Shocker" and "Spocker" hand signals still have me grinning and shaking my head in that they're nationwide. If anyone needs to update their vocabulary so they can speak intelligently or rather on the level with many of our younger or more-hip members, go to the "Urban Dictionary" web site which can provide definitions for any slang you can imagine.

Oh, and todicus, do they they make that new Tahoe in a men's version as well? Just kidding, as they are a sweet new ride with the cleanest styling in years. Just missing a big blue oval as jbear noted.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 12:36pm
reidp,

You totally busted me......... I was waiting for someone to comment on that; notice the flower print on the car seat covers . It's my wifes daily driver, makeup kits in the console and hair bands on all the knobs; it's very embarrasing. That's why I still drive the 79 Jimmy, or as I call it the "war wagon". The only time I drive the tahoe is on family outings or to tow the boat when my wife is with me, since she won't drive in my Jimmy anymore. She wanted a new car; I convinced her to get something with 4 wheel drive and capable of towing the boat. Done deal !!

Married life... i tell you, it's not what I expected.

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 6:19pm
todicus,
Dont let them there "blue-oval" boys get to you too bad...Id drive that Tahoe in a minute!!!.. even with the flowers..(i think)   
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 10:33pm
Alright. I'll bite. What is FUPA?

Todicus; That maybe a girlie car but any guy with a cool garage like that with your own towmotor parked next to it is ok in my book.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 10:55pm
FUPA

F at
U pper
P u$$y
A rea
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 10:56pm
jbear, As I mentioned above, you must go to the "urban dictionary.com" site for that info. My high moral standards won't allow me define that to you, but you brought up the tubbies thing. Whups, I now see Kurt saved you the research time. Look it up there anyway.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 11:00pm
Is that address for real?

Thanks Kurt, should've known one of you guys would have a handle on all this new stuff.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2007 at 11:28pm
John, The addres if definitely legit for a good website of modern slang. Keeps me young.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Ski Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2007 at 10:07pm
Anybody towing with an 2000-2006 Tundra? My parents used to pull the 88 with a 4.0l Jeep Cherokee (till it was totaled), then a 2000 Chevy Mini Van. Both got the job done, but I like towing with my 04 Tundra. Should get some good mileage in this summer.
88 2001 - Family's boat

We've got to carry each other - ONE
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 3:54pm
I've got a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer with 139K miles (all highway). Not the greatest tow vehicle as it doesn't have the best gearing in the world. But, it's paid for and runs fine.

Ken
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 5:25pm
Ken,

I like how the colors are coordinated, nice combo package you have
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2007 at 8:30pm
Ken: I get the shivers every time I see your boat!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2007 at 10:11am
Thanks, Todd. I'm happy with my set up. It's my humble SUV/Boat package. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done nicely.

John,

I hope that someday, you can get another pull behind the '86 you know all so well. I would love to hear more stories about it. With the way it was taken care of and what I've done to it, it's just like new! The bottom of the hull is brand new now.

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 5>
  Share Topic