Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

80’s Nautique Windshield For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80’s Nautique Windshield For Sale
    Posted: February-25-2007 at 1:41pm
80's model windshield for sale. I've been able to post one picture here that shows the windshield on my '64 Dunphy X-55. It was put on the boat by a previous owner and I want to replace it with one more close to the Dunphy's original gla$$.

I would like to end up with $200.00 after shipping costs (whatever they end up being) so the price is $200.00 PLUS shipping.

The gla$$ is in very good condition, the frame paint has minimal wear but could be easily touched up. I have removed it from the boat so now I know how it goes together and comes apart - it's very simple; once unscrewed from the deck, the 2 triangular side screens slide out of a track in the large center one. Pretty slick!

I can e-mail nicer close up pics and a scanned dimensions diagram I drew up to show all dimensions upon request.

Oh, the manufacturer was Water Bonnet.

Here's the photo:
Inboards Rule!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2007 at 7:07pm
Some one will need your windshield. Be patient.
If it had the side vent windows I would buy it and dont even need one.
hasbeenskier
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:32am
you should give the dimensions for the width, that looks like a 82 or newer windshield.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:42pm
Someone told me they thought it was an '83. I'm not positive about that. I'm guessing they (CC) used it for at least a few years.
I'll get the exact dimensions posted here ASAP. Wish I could post my dimension diagram. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again. The pic I posted was just by clicking the "upload image" icon (above) and then, once uploaded, clicked "add image" icon. Tried others the same way and it didn't work. I a$$ume its a size thing. Sorry I'm slow; had a busy couple of days! I'll get the dimension info. quick as I can! From memory, I think the width at the base of the windshield was like 65 3/4" and the back of the triangle pieces was 72 1/2" (of cours that could, I guess adjust as those pieces will pivot in the tracks of the main gla$$ where they join - hope that makes sense).
Inboards Rule!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:26pm
83-88 might be right it's at least an 83 and not any older.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 7:49am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

83-88 might be right it's at least an 83 and not any older.

I think the 82-83 windshields have the small window on the side panels. 87-88 had a raised base and a 2 piece front panel. Looks like it could be the same as the 84-86 windshields though.

If thats the case, Id imagine it would fit all 82-86 Ski Nautiques.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:00am

This is 64X55's windshield

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I think the 82-83 windshields have the small window on the side panels.

I know 80-81 have the wing vent on the side, don't believe they did in 82 or 83. prior to 80 they where on the bottom of the front gla$$ until maybe 76 or 74
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I think the 82-83 windshields have the small window on the side panels.

I know 80-81 have the wing vent on the side, don't believe they did in 82 or 83. prior to 80 they where on the bottom of the front gla$$ until maybe 76 or 74

That may be true. Im not sure if the side gla$$ has a window that opens, but theyre definitely not 1-piece on the 82-83 Ski Nautiques:

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2007 at 10:57am
the windshield on my 83 has the vents shown in the above post as well, they open no Idea how they were supposed to stay open, but they open.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
'70 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote '70 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2007 at 10:36am
Hey Craig, I might be a player on that windshield. Depending on where you afre located and what kind of shipping costs we're looking at. Let me know what you were thinking on the shipping and if you're close enough I could come get it or meet up with you.

Jim ~
Dallas / Forth Worth, TX
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2007 at 7:04am
Jim,
Hi. I'll check on shipping costs to Dallas. I am good distance from you (Maryland), but I'll need to get some idea of what shipping will be (based on distance) anyway (i.e. whether you end up buying or someone else). I'll check and let you know. Thanks for the reply.
Inboards Rule!
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 7:38pm
Might get time to check into this tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
Inboards Rule!
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2007 at 10:50pm
Benj,
My 83 has one piece side glass.
Bob Ed
83 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2007 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Bob's2001 Bob's2001 wrote:

Benj,
My 83 has one piece side glass.

Im guessing your winshield has been replaced at some point. All the 82-83 windshields in the diaries have the side vents.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2007 at 12:54pm
I think all the 1964 Dunphy X-55's that were altered by installation of later model Correct Craft windshields had the one piece side glass...

Of course, by "all" I mean "mine" since it's probably the only one like that. I've said if I planned on restoring the boat (a mahogany plywood boat painted white) and kept it white and kept the CC windshield, I might have painted some letter graphics on the side like a Nautique but spelled it instead like "Ski Knotique" since it's wood!

I'm going to check a UPS web site about the shipping costs later today.
Inboards Rule!
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2007 at 12:24pm
Hey Jim ('70 Mustang),
I checked at the USPS and then at UPS on shipping. Looks like UPS is way cheaper. Using an estimated box size of 70"x24"x6", which is probably a bit large, but would allow for good padded packing, they gave me a price to a Dallas zip (they just picked one since there are 4 or 5!) and it came up to just under $60.00.
U.S. Postal would have been closer to $90.00 (Parcel Post)!
Anyway, that UPS price included the few bucks for insuring a $200.00 package value that I would want to do. I told them it was a 'FRAGILE' package. If I had your exact zip, I guess I could pin it down closer to the penny, but I would think that's a good ball park figure.
So you could figure about $260.00 would be your cost. Let me know when you get time!
Inboards Rule!
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2007 at 8:20am
Wow Jim! I just took a look at the pics of your '70 Mustang. That is one pretty boat!
And I'm not just saying that to get you to buy my windshield!
Inboards Rule!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 5:58am
X55, phatsat67 busted his glass on the trip home picking up his new 86 2001. The 86 is the windshield without the vented side glass. He's in Indiana. Check the "general discussion" forum.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2007 at 10:55am
I might need this if I cant find one closer to home. Mine was shattered pulling my 86 2001 back from florida after I just baught it.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 4:44am
Sounds good phatsat67!
Sorry about the broken one. That was probably frustrating! If it makes you feel better, I've seen a windshield smashed on an "in transit trailered boat" once before, but the windshield was smashed by the weight of the boat being upside down on top of it! (i.e. the whole boat was a goner!)
Anyway, it's still here. I'm guessing postage to Indiana may be a tad cheaper than to Texas as in the example above. Gives you something to "guesstimate" by.
Let me know.
Inboards Rule!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 11:37am
I wonder how much the shipping would be from there to here? Im glad mine didnt break beacause of it being upside down.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 11:48am
Could you estmate the shipping for me? Its to New Castle, IN 47362
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 4:20pm
Sure. Didn't get the message until this evening. I tried the UPS site (which allows you to check ship costs, but you have to do all the password-login stuff, so I just went down to the local UPS store (near my office) and checked it out for the Texas zip. My zip is 21502 in case you have time to log on to UPS this evening. I'll just check in the AM (or at lunch tomorrow) at the UPS store again to your zip. I would supsect it would be similar to or less than the $60.00 they quoted from where I am (Maryland) to Texas.
Yeah, the flipped over boat wasn't pretty! I think I saw a grown man crying.
Inboards Rule!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2007 at 4:29pm
Thats a pretty good deal for 60 to out there. I think I will take it shoot me your phone number and we will talk. Thanks. Oh yea can you also send me the pictures and the diagrams that you speak of so I can just make exactly sure its going to fit? My email is zapritchett@hotmail.com.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 4:44pm
phatsat67,
Okay - I didn't see the second message until just now (5:38PM on 3/21/07). I checked ship at UPS and Fed Ex. to zip 47362. Looks like it might be even a good bit less than $60.00.
UPS said $40.15 and Fed Ex. said only $26.45! That's the shipping alone. I want to double check. I guess I'll go ahead and get it boxed up, etc. I'm going to e-mail you my number, but I won't be around this evening until pretty late. Talk to you soon.
64x55
(Craig)
Inboards Rule!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2007 at 10:10pm
Cool craig Ill call you tomorow sometime.
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2007 at 9:13am
Hey phatsat67, Emailed a few messages to you regarding the glass over the past two days. Didn't hear back. Was wondering if possibly I've been copy and pasting the wrong Email address. Have you recieved the messages? Just thought I'd double check here.
Let me know; she's ready to ship!
Inboards Rule!
Mot Onaizarg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mot  Onaizarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2007 at 8:09am
Originally posted by 64X55 64X55 wrote:

Someone told me they thought it was an '83. I'm not positive about that. I'm guessing they (CC) used it for at least a few years.
I'll get the exact dimensions posted here ASAP. Wish I could post my dimension diagram. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again. The pic I posted was just by clicking the "upload image" icon (above) and then, once uploaded, clicked "add image" icon. Tried others the same way and it didn't work. I a$$ume its a size thing. Sorry I'm slow; had a busy couple of days! I'll get the dimension info. quick as I can! From memory, I think the width at the base of the windshield was like 65 3/4" and the back of the triangle pieces was 72 1/2" (of cours that could, I guess adjust as those pieces will pivot in the tracks of the main gla$$ where they join - hope that makes sense).
MrBryan2u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBryan2u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2007 at 12:45pm
Do you still have the windshield? I need it for my 84 Ski Nautique would it fit?
Thanks Bryan 850-341-4583
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic