Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
elogon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elogon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ski nautique
    Posted: December-26-2003 at 1:11am
I am looking for someone who can give me some info on a boat I am looking for. My uncle growing up had what I thought was a ski nautique. I was thinking a mid 60's only have not been able to find any picture of it or any info. The boat had the shape of a ski nautique only had a wooden deck which is throwing me off. Does anyone know if there was such thing of having a fiberglass boat with a wooden deck? Any help would be great.

Thanks
Erik
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2003 at 11:59am
cc made a paragon in 93, but look into century, daughtery and (gulp) cris craft.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2003 at 5:35pm
Century for sure made several boats, their earlies fiberglass entries, which were class hulls with wood decks. I believe a 17' Resorter about '67-68 had a wood deck, but for the moment can't recall without looking at my books if the boat had a varnished or vinyl covered wood deck. What color was the hull, and did it have a front bench or bucket seats? I've got pictures I can send if interested.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

elogon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elogon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2003 at 4:57pm
The boat had a varnished deck, and a black hull. I know he had the hull refiberglassed so I don't have the original color. the deck was finished wood. if you have any pict's that would be nice.

Thanks.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2003 at 7:40pm
a lot of the lap strake or cold formed plywood wood boats leaked ( mine does ) and the owners epoxied the wood. so called west system keeps them from sinking but adds a lot of weight.

edit..sorry., i lost my train of thought. could the entire boat been made of wood and the bottom was epoxied?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic