Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DASH SWITCHES

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DASH SWITCHES
    Posted: July-08-2004 at 8:53pm
Anyone know where replacement switches are available for 1984 Nautique?
My blower toggle seems like it has fallen apart inside.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2004 at 10:43pm
Unless you can find a replacement at one of the Correct Craft shops, you probably will not find an identical switch.

If you want all to match, you're going to have to replace them all. Hardest part is getting under the dash.

Watch the pricing! Several retail places will sell a toggle for $5 - 6.00 each that you can get from an electrical supplier for $2 - 2.50. Only problem is that most of these have a minimum order. I use Del City. They have a $25.00 minimum that I never seem to have a problem meeting. Replaced the ones in the '78 this spring and added 2 more for about $16.00.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2004 at 5:29pm
NAUTI84,

Is it a push-button switch? If so,
it may be a breaker switch. Check
with SKIDIM.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2004 at 9:00pm
No it's the standard toggle switch for the blower (same as the ones for running lights, pump, accy's,).
I checked SKIDIM but I didn't see any switches.
I'm going to pull it out and check at the local West Marine to see if something matches.
Seems special though - I think there are (4) terminals on the back.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2004 at 6:19pm
With 4 terminals, it might be a two position DPST (double-poll single-throw) switch with
one side running an indicator light and the other side running the blower. You might want to check with a dealer or CC directly. If they can't tell you what it is, you might have
to pull a working switch and use an continuity tester to figure out how it is wired internally.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2004 at 9:57am
Actually the 84's switch wasn't that special.
I pulled it out & it does have the the (4) terminals because it's illuminated.
My local West Marine & Boaters World both had a match for it ($16).
Thanks for the Help Guys.
One more week & I'll be on Vacay w/ it in the water for a week - Can't wait!
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2004 at 7:21pm
Cole Hersee is the mfg for the switches on your boat you can purchace them at west marine .
If your boat has rings on the switch that say
blower , lights etc you can get them at
www.chrisparts.com
Nautique frk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic