NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ’Silver Nautique 2001’

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The ’Silver Nautique 2001’
    Posted: April-04-2007 at 12:22pm
I see Keith's Silver is for sale again. What a beautiful boat the Silver is. I found an article in my 1985 Correct Craft Tribune magazine about the Silver. Here it is:

The Silver Celebration

Correct Craft is celebrating the 25th year of Ski Nautique with the 1986 model. This is a big deal and required some big plans for a "big celebration."
To make this "celebration" really special it was decided that we would build the first 1986 Ski Nautique 2001 to have every available option "and then some." We would build a unique $25,000.00 Ski Nautique to commemorate the 25th year. That's great. But what do you do with it and how do you get everyone excited about it? Easy - you give it away!

Thus, the celebration evolved into a drawing for a giveaway, with no strings attached. All you had to do was send in a coupon and you had a chance to win this SPECIAL EDITION SKI NAUTIQUE. Of course, there was one requirementit had to be an original coupon (no photo copies accepted) from a magazine ad or from a Correct Craft dealer's showroom. Three magazines were selected to run the "Silver Celebration" ad - Water Ski Magazine, The Water Skier Magazine and Traikr Boats Magazine. Every Cor

Each buyer of a 1986 Ski Nautique 2001 will receive a pewter key chain to commemorate the 25th anniversary. Michael Johnson's key chain was sterling silver.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2007 at 12:29pm
Nautique 2001
Thanks - I bought a silver in feb (#12)
239 hrs. any & ALL info is welcome.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2007 at 12:49pm
Here are four Silver Nautiques we can account for:

Keith:

Waterdog:

Unknown:

Unknown:

It would be great to have as many Silver Nautique owners find CCF.com and post pictures and the number of their boat. 82 of them out there. Rare boat!

Ken
Hamlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2007 at 11:05pm
Here are two more:

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 1:48am
Why would anybody put a tower on a boat like that???
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 6:43am
It must have been this guys brother! Plus, this Atom has been fiberglassed!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 8:18am
MM, I also vote ...ditch the towers....

MAN.... Keiths boat sure looks GREAT! ..

Lets see, if I can save 50 bucks a month, by the time Im 70 I could....oh...forget it... by then somebody will probably be spoon feeding me..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 9:52am
In my opinion, the Silver is a collector's item, sort of like the Paragon. I wouldn't add a tower or anything else like that.

Will there be a Gold Nautique in 2011?

Ken
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 4:17pm
Guys, I found a Silver Nautique at a storage center yesterday,(near my house in Alabama). It has 726 hrs. on it. I do not know much about the silver edition, if someone will tell me where the # is located, we will have one more accounted for. This boat is not for sale, but I don't think the owner knows what he has.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 4:23pm
I'll give you a great example of someone that doesn't know what they have. In the Boat Trader: 1990 Nautique. Ready for fishing. 8000.00obo.
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tjlake tjlake wrote:

Guys, I found a Silver Nautique at a storage center yesterday,(near my house in Alabama). It has 726 hrs. on it. I do not know much about the silver edition, if someone will tell me where the # is located, we will have one more accounted for. This boat is not for sale, but I don't think the owner knows what he has.

If you see it, snap a picture if you can. The number of the boat is located on the stern, by the rub rail. I'd love to see #01. Pretty cool boat!!!

Ken
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Originally posted by tjlake tjlake wrote:

If you see it, snap a picture if you can. The number of the boat is located on the stern, by the rub rail. I'd love to see #01. Pretty cool boat!!!

Ken

Ken,

I would be surprised if "numero uno" is not in the possession of "THE FAMILY".That would be a good question for Craig or Jeff Warner,perhaps they may know where it is?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 9:15pm
I can account for one more guys, it is owned by a guy who used to be in the West Shore Water Ski Club on Sandusky Bay, west of Cleveland Ohio, where we used to ski.

Hey Glenn, remember "Big Steve"?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 8:46am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

I would be surprised if "numero uno" is not in the possession of "THE FAMILY".That would be a good question for Craig or Jeff Warner,perhaps they may know where it is? Mike

Mike,

I just swapped e-mails with Craig about the Silver Nautique. I don't think he's aware of where # 1 is, the $25K edition. Jeff may know. Sort of like, where's that 2000, Red Supercharged 5.4 Lightning Nautique? That's probably part of the "Family".

BTW, Marty's moving a ton of boats over at NECC. Another great year so far.

Ken
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:20am
Hey Guys,
I definitely know what I have and love the boat. For practical reasons (family), I'm looking for a 1993 SNOB. I wish I could afford to own two boats and keep the Silver as well but I can't swing it. That's why the Silver is for sale. I priced it at a point where I can let it go but if it doesn't sell, no big deal. I'm happy owning it for awhile.

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 11:44am
Dont you hate it when you cant "have them all"?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:00pm
Steve, at least you're getting closer. Is the 64 going to be ready for Muscatine?
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Steve, at least you're getting closer. Is the 64 going to be ready for Muscatine?

Plans are for the 64 to be there in all her glory!( or lack there of?) You bringing the SN? Ive got my polishing rags ready to help you!

" Magicman"(Alan) has also been talkling about coming! Its not too far off!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2007 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hey Guys,
I definitely know what I have and love the boat. For practical reasons (family), I'm looking for a 1993 SNOB. I wish I could afford to own two boats and keep the Silver as well but I can't swing it. That's why the Silver is for sale. I priced it at a point where I can let it go but if it doesn't sell, no big deal. I'm happy owning it for awhile.

- Keith

I know exactly where you are coming from, the Paragon was an awesome boat in particular because it was the ONLY one in existance in that color but it just was not practical for an everyday boat and I just could not see changing anything from original, hence my reason for selling. It was somewhat comforting that it found a great new owner (Chuck) who really appreciates it as much as we did plus he lives close by and allows me visitation rights!
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2007 at 8:32pm
I know of one located on Deep Creek Lake MD. Great looking boat. This summer I will stop by thier dock and pass on CCF.com. I think - not 100% - it was for sale a few seasons ago. As of last summer it was still on the lake.
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 2:25pm
The one in Alabama is #34. Appears to be in "fair" shape. Owner uses it for a "regular ski boat" -aaahhhhh. Gonna try to trade him a "regular ski boat" that is 10 years newer.....we'll see
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2007 at 7:52pm
Wow it also makes me sad when a nice boat has holes drilled in the deck for a freakin tower.
gn6027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gn6027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 9:06pm
John,
   Yep, I remember Big Steve and his Silver. The last time I saw it, it was a sad basket case. Plywood seats. When I mean plywood seats, I mean plywood seats. No foam, not vinyl, just plywood.

What a piece of work!!

What a waste of a nice boat.

Glen
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:34pm
Glen: I was begining to wonder if you noticed this thread.

Yeah, Big Steve was a piece of work. Not a very good club member. Can't believe that he would let that boat go but then again maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Greetings to your Mom and Dad for me, please.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:37pm
So , what happened to big Steves boat ? Where is it?

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:45pm
So if the idea of the silver nautique was to have all the options, why didn't they do the big block?

I would kill for one of these boats. They are an amazing piece of CC history
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:49pm
Pat: As far as I know, he still has it. But I bet Glen knows better than I. Must be a wreck by now tho.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2007 at 11:59pm
It may still be worth restoring . You could invite your pit crew in for a KEGGER . They would have it done in no time . If not then buy another keg .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:06am
If it was avalible that would be a fun plan....execpt that mrs jbear would kill me. Not for partying with the crew....for buying another boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2007 at 12:26am
LOL!!!!

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic