NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

77 Ski Tique?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 77 Ski Tique?
    Posted: August-13-2004 at 2:54pm
a friend of mine has a 80 tique he paid $2700 but it needed alot of work.. he bought it and completley restored it although his has a 351 the boat is awesome.. i think the pice for the boat your looking at is definitly fair but yes like everyone has said check the floors to see if there solid if so get it..
gotta love those old school nautiques
custom2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2004 at 6:08pm
Had to put in my 2 cents. Bought a 75 Ski Tique this past spring. Love it. They are a bit of a hot rod, what with being small and light but powerful and a bit loud. Not a great day cruiser as there is next to no room inside, but a fun little ski boat. Pretty big wake for new or younger skiers, but at 32+ mph and 15 off, there is very little wake. Probably good for wakeboarding but I don't do that so I shouldn't judge. Hope you got it and are enjoying it.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2004 at 2:04am
SnoPro I wonder if you are carrying alot of extra weight in soaked foam insultion. May be some work but I know several people on this board have replaced thiers.
SnoPro150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnoPro150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2004 at 9:41pm
Got a 78 Ski Tique a couple years ago. It is small! Sits low in the water and takes a long time to plane. I am 15 years old and 120 lbs, takes a little bit to pull me up on a deep water start. Ours is blue with a 198 mercruiser. Needed a little work but was worth it for $3200.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2004 at 2:21am
Buckeye,
I don't have a SkiTique but have spent way too much time in/behind early 70's Mustangs/Skiers which shared the same hull, and still love every minute of them. If there are any issues at all, I agree with what "jdreiser" noted about the boats being weight sensitive. But hey, they're only 16.5' long and 1600 lbs., and with 200+ HP. This may sound crude or simple,(and there are exceptions to every rule) but if you're 225 lbs or heavier, or have a regular handfull of large buddies or extensive family, then I'd opt for an older Nautique. The Tique-size hull will do alot and give thrills that the larger Nautique can't muster, sorta like a Ford Mustang squad car compared to a Crown Vic, which still handles great and pulls even better. Can't get many people in the small ones, but boy did they serve a purpose. Or maybe a single seat wave runner compared to a 3 seater. Basically apples to oranges. To reiterate, the biggest difference to me, owning both, is the reaction to weight in the boat, but a strong running 16 footer is an additive adrenaline rush to operate, as many people on this site will attest to.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

sjhafa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjhafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2004 at 12:57am
Had a 78 Tique New Lt Blue in color. The only 2 problems I has was the engine needed constant alignment kept geting a slight vibration at 3/4 throttle. Second the back seat is just a cover over a foam pad. After a good day of skiing it wouod weigh aboout 100# so on your down time you had to uncover it and let it drain. The best thing about the boat was the distinctive hum it had at full bore on a rough lake, very distinctive. Rough ride too!
jdreiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdreiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2004 at 8:22pm
Buckeye,

I drove a 77 Ski Tique for a summer teaching kids to ski. Great boat, but very weight sensitive (which may be good if you are going to board behind it). Like any older boat though, like lakeview wrote, check the floor and stringers very carefully). Make sure it has the 4 barrel or add it. The floor beneath the driver's seat is notorious for soaking up water. Does it have a swimstep?
buckeyeskiier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeyeskiier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Lakeview Lakeview wrote:

Great first boat! check the floor and stringers,drain the gas tank if it's been sitting.Enjoy!

Thanks Lakeview!
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 3:42pm
Great first boat! check the floor and stringers,drain the gas tank if it's been sitting.Enjoy!
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeyeskiier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 11:32am
77stang,

Thanks! Appreciate the response. Had not thought about the carb yet.

Any more expert advice?

Thanks!
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 2:17am
Price is certainly fair. fun little boat. i quess it comes with a 302. two versions of 302 for that year a 2 barrel 190 hp and a 4 barrel 220 hp.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeyeskiier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2004 at 12:40am
Just stumbled on to this forum, looks like a great group, just joined.

Hey question for the group?
Curious what anyone would tell be about a 77 Ski Tique? Ran across a guy that is willing to sell his for $3000.00. Could use a little work, but the engine runs great, and has been well taken care of.

Question is what kind of ski boats are they?

Were they all 16 ft?

I have skied behind an 80 Ski Nautique, but don't know much about the Ski Tique.

Would be a first boat for my family.........grew up skiing, just no boat yet?

Thanks..........any help appreciated?

Buckeyeskiier!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic