FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CorrectCraftFan.com Logo

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CorrectCraftFan.com Logo
    Posted: July-30-2004 at 2:42pm
The site is well overdue for a logo. I've explored lots of ideas and even hired a 'logo design company' for help - which proved to be a waste of time and money.

The challenge is to balance the identity with Correct Craft with the independence of the site.

I've come up with the one design that is a modification on the Correct Craft logo from the 70's / early 80's. Can you please review and give me your feedback? Is the likeness to the former Correct Craft logo something you like or should I go in another direction, completely independent of former Correct Craft logos?

I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 11:21am
Keith,

For what it is worth, I like it. This site has become representative of the boats from the era you describe. As such, I think the logo ties the past with the present quite nicely.

Of course now you will have to get into the marketing of decals and t-shirts like other sites have done. But, that may not be a bad thing as it would help to pay the rent.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 11:58am
wait a minute. i said i would pay for & sell the decals. NOW you want t-shirts !
sandy's gonna have to get a second job..

KEITH i love it.
i got home to late to call u last nite.i'll try later today.
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 1:12pm
Kenny G.
Got you message over the weekend. Hold off a little on the decals. I want to give Correct Craft enough time to respond. I also want to produce a cleaner image - this is just a draft.

P.S. T-shirts will come in time but I'll take care of that.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2004 at 3:00pm
Keith, looks good to me

if you where to do anything, radius the bottom of the F in fan as it underlines correct craft it might blend in better with the script style lettering verses the sharp corners.

not to mess with anyones t-shirt sells, but I could ask my sister if she would embroider some. She has a cheap source for t-shirts but it would look better on knit polo or collar style shirt I think. A name could be added easily to personalize it as well. Then again maybe that's something I could do for Keith as a gift for all his hard work maintaining this site and the leg work for the stern graffics?
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2004 at 10:53pm
i agree with "79" re the F, and it does look great. dont forget the beverage coolers.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2004 at 11:33am
Looks great to me, of course I like nostagia anyway. Please post to all when we can purchase any or all the above mentioned.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2004 at 3:29pm
Everyone, thank you for your comments.

Here are the two final concepts. Please let me know which you like better.

Concept A:

Concept B:

Thank you for your feedback.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2004 at 4:15pm
Both look sharp but if I had to choose one I would have to go with A.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2004 at 6:00pm
Here's the final logo:

Feel free to send additional comments.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 12:56pm
my worthless 2 cents.
i liked the 1st one better.
i printed off a copy of the 1st one and drew a red line above the black line under correct craft.the stickers we have made will be white letters correct ?
kenny g
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 1:28pm
Kenny G,
When you say 'the first one', do you mean the original in back?

The original was just a quick mock-up. The blue versions (especially the latest version) incorporates a closer imitation to the former Correct Craft logo.

The curved line vs. tapered straight line are just different style ideas - I'm open to either. What I like about the curved line is that it ties in with the script font and resembles the hull lines (spray guards) of the classic Correct Craft. What I like about the tapered straight line is it's a creates a narrower (shorter graphic) and denotes speed.

Please continue to offer feedback. I'd like to finalize the graphic very soon.

Yes, I think I'd like to do cut vinyl decals in white.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 1:45pm
sorry about that keith.
concept A is what i was referring to.
kenny g
BEBS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 2:21pm
Keith

Looks good. Is this a vector graphic? Did you use a font to create it? If so, may I ask what font you used?

Thanks
Brian
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 4:08pm
I started with a font called 'Airstream' however the 'C's and 'F's where not at all correct so I modified them (see black mockup at top of page). I turned the font into an image file and then cut, hand drew, and copied parts of letters to create the full graphic. Right now it's a .psd file. I have someone trying to convert it to a vector (.eps) file for me. I hope it works.

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
BEBS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 4:18pm
Keith

I am with a company called Minnesota Print Management and we specialize in graphics and printing. If you would like, I can set your artwork in Adobe Illustrator as a vector graphic if you like. I can then send it to you for proofing as a PDF.

For what its worth, I can also get pricing on printed labels, etc. For best pricing. minumum runs are usually 250, however, I can get prices for smaller quantities as well.

Also, thanks for the info about stalling.

Brian

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I started with a font called 'Airstream' however the 'C's and 'F's where not at all correct so I modified them (see black mockup at top of page). I turned the font into an image file and then cut, hand drew, and copied parts of letters to create the full graphic. Right now it's a .psd file. I have someone trying to convert it to a vector (.eps) file for me. I hope it works.

BEBS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2004 at 4:50pm
Keith

I should also mention that I can provide it to you as a Hi Res gif or jpg to put on the website.

Let me know.

Thanks
Brian
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2004 at 1:19pm
Heard from the Correct Craft Executive Secretary to the Board of Directors about the logo. They're reviewing it and will let me know if they give the okay ... cross your fingers.

I'll keep you posted.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2004 at 8:57pm
Keith ,
I would buy some decals and T-shirts ,
You did a nice job sticking with the classic logo. It would be cool to print the Correct Craft Shield (Decal) on the back of the shirt too. You could have certain models printed on shirts like , Mustang 17 , wildcat etc .
I would wear the shirts to the classic boat shows I attend . I will be at a ACBS show at Lake Lenier Georgia soon.
You should tell other Fans to join thier chapter of the ACBS and show off that vintage correct craft. They now are judging fiberglass classics not just the woodies .
Mike Thrower (nautique frk)
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2004 at 8:59pm
Keith ,
Had one more idea , how about Beach towels with the old Correct Craft logo .
Mike Thrower (nautique frk)
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2004 at 8:20pm
Any word on the decals yet? Definitely interested- boat, trailer and truck need them and possibly even the work trucks!
1979 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2004 at 1:30pm
Hi Everyone,
After a long process, I just signed an agreement from Correct Craft on the logo design and site name (you may notice additional disclaimers on the site). They have been great to deal with and very appreciative of the site. Logo decals should be coming soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2005 at 2:13pm
Looks good, go with it! Barr 68
barr68
Keith View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2005 at 10:48am
Do you have CC logo's for sale? Is there anything out there for older boats?
Thanks,
Steve
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2005 at 1:05pm
I'm waiting for the okay to produce CorrectCraftFan.com decals. Hope to hear shortly.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic