Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a good deal?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scottvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a good deal?
    Posted: August-05-2004 at 7:34pm
Thinking about buying a '96 Ski Nautique Signature series. Although it is pretty loaded, it ha 900 hours on it. It is very clean and appears to be well cared for. The price is $16,500. Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking? Also, what are some concerns with the higher-hour engines? Thanks for the replies!!

Vojo
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2004 at 3:48am
I think its fair depending on where you live. In California its a really good deal. My 2000 has 1300 hours on it and it runs like a top. It was used at Bell Aqua lakes in Sacramento and was well maintained. I'm told that I should begin looking to rebuild it between 2000 and 2400 hours. With my usage thats about 10 years. Which engine does it have and is it EFI or carberated? Id, probably start at 15K and negotiate.
scottvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2004 at 12:41pm
It's got the gt-40, heater, shower, and a six disc changer. They seem to think that the signature adds about $2000 to the value. How accurate is this?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2004 at 1:34pm
It sounds like a pretty good deal to me as well. I woundn't be worry about the hours. As far as the signature series from what little I know, it is an upscale interior and option package and worth the extra money sounds like it has all the options avalible at the time. The GT-40 engine option is worth at least a grand alone.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2004 at 2:21pm
I forgot to ask. Has it been in Salt water? If so does it have freshwater cooling. Even so if it has been in salt you will need to replace the exhaust manifolds and heat exchanger. That is about 1K. the signature series adds all the toys as 79 says. I beleive its worth it.
scottvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2004 at 2:34pm
It was mainly a river boat that was owned by an older couple (late 70's) who still ski!
Thanks for the feedback!
jedgell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedgell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 4:29pm
I bought my '95 Signature edition last year for $16,500. It was in mint condition with only 133 hrs and has all the options you mentioned. Since the boat you're looking at has 900 hrs, I wouldn't pay more than $15,000. You can check the value of that boat at www.nada.com.
'95 Ski Nautique Signature Edition. GT-40, PP 6.4, heater, shower, 210 hrs and counting
new86owner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new86owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 7:53pm
Here's one you might use for comparison for sale.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=29549
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic