NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No manual-I’m confused (again)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No manual-I’m confused (again)
    Posted: August-16-2004 at 4:03pm
The breaker should be on all the tine. To test if your bilge will work without the ign breaker on flip the switch to the bilge, if it works then no, if it doesn't then yes. Sounds like at one time a light switch or automatic bilge stuck on and drained the battery or you have some other electrical drain. Have the breaker on with every thing off and connect a test light between the end of the negitve battery cable and the negtive post on the battery if the test light comes on then you have a drain and need to track it down and fix it. If the light does not come on then you are good to go and have no battery drain.
harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 12:09pm
I bought my boat used and didn't get a manual.
I have a '97 ski nautique with a gt-40.
-nothing electrical works on the boat unless the "ignition" breaker is pressed on.
-so, will the bilge pump work WITHOUT the ignition breaker on if something stupid unexpectedly happens and water gets in the boat?
-is it OK to leave the ignition breaker on when not using the boat? Will that hurt anything or drain the battery?
-one reason I'm asking is because I left the breaker on for several days and the battery was dead. But I've left it on before for several days and the boat started just fine.
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic