NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where to bolt regulator

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to bolt regulator
    Posted: September-27-2007 at 9:23pm
OK pros and experts. I need guidance here. I broke down and bought a shiny new Edelbrock Performer intake for my '68 289 (Ford / Interceptor). I got it back from the powder coater and began, today, to unbolt my old cast iron intake. As I was removing the voltage regulator mount plate from the rear of the intake it dawned on me that I did not recall seeing the mounting boss with 3 drilled and tapped holes in the new Edelbrock performer. Sure enough, the mounting boss is not there. So, where should I mount the regulator plate? This plate also holds the starter relay. I will upload a pic as soon as my camera battery recharges. Surely, I'm not the first person to run into this.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 10:12pm
mine was bolted to the top two bolts on the bellhousing.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 11:49pm
I see the red painted (powder coated?)ignition mounting plate in the picture of Jeff's engine (in another thread) and I am wondering if that plate can be purchased somewhere to fit a 289/302?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
racintj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racintj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 3:39pm
Jim, get a piece of 1/8" aluminum or stainless and make a new one. Just use a metal blade in a jig saw to do any cuts, file the edges smooth. Make it big enough to bend at a 90 degree angle, and bolt it to the bellhousing bolts as 79 described.

Or, just make a couple of small brackets to use your existing plate and bolt to the bellhousing.
Every day above ground is a Good day.

Lakeland, FL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic