Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
xxx76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Manifold
    Posted: October-02-2007 at 12:42am
I have a 1976 Correct Craft with a 350 Chevy motor. I am looking for an exhaust manifold rust has modified some nice little holes in my current exhaust..need new ones...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 7:20pm
barr marine manifolds

Is it the original engine? OMC? You will need to know.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
xxx76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2007 at 10:59pm
Yes I believe it is the original motor. I bought it three months ago. I know it's a chevy small block it is a blue green colored motor with barrel or log like manifolds. It does not state if it's PCM or any other brand how do I find that out??
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 9:53am
Eric, There really shoud be a ID tag someplace on the engine. A blue color may still be a Ford! Somewhere in the forums here there is a post on IDing the engine by the location of the distributor. (Ford or GM) I think it was the Boat Doc's postings. I'll see if I can find it. My concern is that although a manifold may fit because it was made for the block, each marinizer had it's own little differences in cooling water plumbing. It wouldn't be a real big problem but getting a manifold for a specific engine may have all the connections in the proper places. You may end up doing a little plumbing anyway with aftermarket parts.

In a Tique, the Ford 302 was the standard. A OMC 305 would have been a option. In 76, both would have log type manifolds.

EDIT: I just remembered! The Ford will have the distributor forward and the GM the distributor will be aft.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
xxx76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 7:13pm
It's a Chevy 350 after talking to the guys at westcoast correct craft they think it my be an OMC
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 9:10pm
Eric, I wish some of our other experts here would chime in and give you some ideas on how to ID it. So no Tag?? For some reason, I had it in my mind that the boat was a Tique hence the 302 Ford or the 305 GM. If the boat is a Nautique, then the engines would have been a 351 Ford or the optional 350 GM OMC.

Did WCCC give you any ideas on positive IDing?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
zanderbmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanderbmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 12:49am
i have a set feel free to give me a call thanks alex 706 447 1509 or email molitoralexander@yahoo.com
need help with a 1969 ski nautique thanks alex
xxx76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 1:56pm
Yes WCCC ID it as a chevy 350 omc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic