NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adhesive Remover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
taxabel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adhesive Remover
    Posted: October-03-2007 at 9:30pm
What is the best product to remove the large Ski Nautique sticker on my dash without ruining the black paint underneath?
84raidertique
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 11:26pm
Try a little (very little) heat from a hair dryer or a hot air gun to soften the sticker. Overtons sells a sticker remover that is supposedly safe for paint. 3M also has a product for removing wood grain vinyl from cars and does not affect the paint You can get it most auto parts and West Marine.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2007 at 11:51pm
I've used a product called "Goo Gone" to get rid of old stickers--works pretty good.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 9:17am
Sometimes alcohol works really well and I don't mean your beer.

I've used a 3m product in an aersol can before to remove the trim residue off the truck and that seemed to work well too. Got it at Wally World.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2007 at 7:55pm
3m makes an adhesive remover. wd-40 works too
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 2:29pm
I always use 3M general purpose adhesive remover for anything painted/clearcoated. Otherwise, goof-off works great (but will remove paint).
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2007 at 5:17pm
Chuck, are you sure that wasnt for something else and you grabbed the wrong can?
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2007 at 12:42am
Eric,
Every time I think I'm sure I'm usually not.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:07am
goo-gone we use that at work to keep the sinks from getting cloggeg. The dirt and grease that goes down them pisses off the pipefitter when they have to snake the drain, so they flush it with goo- gone about once a week.
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2007 at 1:21am
I use a little heat and Citra Solve.
Work to live, not live to work.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic