Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Craigs List finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 442>
Author
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 12:24pm
I've been going down there since I was 6 years old with my family.That comes up to well over 30 years for me right know.I know that lake like the palm of my hand.It would be a cool lake for a CC reunion.We used to rent houseboats out of Star Point Resort,but here lately we have been renting out of Wolf River Resort.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 12:34pm
your way up the river, don't get that far too often. Been going there since the late seventy's went out of horse creek since my step-dad went to school with the owner and we would get about three-four house boats each year all at a discounted rate. Not the best boats on the water but fine for use at the time. Now we go to the trailer or a friends house boat.
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 1:15pm
I've been all the way up the Obey river on sea doo's before.In fact to the point where you had to stop about 200 feet before you cant go any further and you see the lake herrings in the middle of the creek catching fish.Its a cool ride up that way,very winding.I've been to the jump cliff near wolf river.That a big hangout for boaters and to go cliff jumping.This past Labor day I was down there and we noticed just a ton of boats going back into this large finger of the lake near sunset dock.We got back there and there must have been 400 boats all anchored and partying.Not to mention the 50 or more houseboats tied up on the shore.There were boats drag racing and drunk people everywhere.Hell even the ride up to the dam is pretty cool.But we used to rent hoseboats from star point and they weren't the best either,But at least it got you on the lake.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 1:43pm
Did you see my buddy's 380 Nortech that week-end, it's mostly white with yellow towards the bottom with a multi-colored spray patterned paint job. Sure he was doing a little racing that week-end

he's got a pair of these in it

bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 2:34pm
Hell I saw so many boats that weekend that you couldn't keep them all straight.He was down there I probably saw him.
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2007 at 4:15pm
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/boa/468726681.html

62 skier in ATL
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2007 at 6:37pm
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/boa/505341376.html

1957 Thompson lapstrake wooden

I told him I wasn't interested in the motor or trailer and asked if he was serious about the boat being free.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2007 at 6:04pm
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/510916065.html

89 SN for $3500 in Orlando

I'm no expert but if I had the cash, I'd want it

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2007 at 10:36pm
Here's the link for everyone to use for the above boat.

89 for sale
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2007 at 2:00am
Anyone in Alabama looking for a project?
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2007 at 6:01pm
Damn, too late!
The 89 SN for $3500 in Orlando that was posted above here is already sold.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 12:21am
Anyone near Austin, TX?
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 12:47am
Tim: e-mail the Dude. Maybe he can look at it. But for $600 you can't go wrong.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:01am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Tim: e-mail the Dude. Maybe he can look at it. But for $600 you can't go wrong.

john

JBear, good call. I just sent him a message.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:16am
Cool....just what you need...another boat...then again..for $600...gotta look at it anyhow.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:30am
The Dude lives near Houston if I recall, that's a long, long way from Austin.

DavidF lives in Austin.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:46am
this is the one from craigs list orlando the guy needs money bad and droped his price to 1500 or less maybe!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 2:08am
DavidF..now there is a guy we haven't seen here for awhile. Figures you would know who lives where tho Brian.

MM: Where was that picture taken? Looks kinda desolate. Nice lookin' boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 2:17am
It was taken on canal off of east lake in kissimmee, yes it is way out in the sticks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

this is the one from craigs list orlando the guy needs money bad and droped his price to 1500 or less maybe!

MM, shoot me an email- Id like to hear more: TRBenj@gmail.com
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 1:46pm
Go for it Tim. It looks a lot like that boat of yours when you were a kid.

If it were closer to Maine, I'd buy it and hide it somewhere until I could justify buying another boat.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Go for it Tim. It looks a lot like that boat of yours when you were a kid.

If it were closer to Maine, I'd buy it and hide it somewhere until I could justify buying another boat.

Bruce, I cant take it on right now- but it is a heck of a deal. Ive got a few friends who I think could be conviced to join the CC family, and the vintage boats with lower price tags are especially attractive.

I do love those Mustangs and that color, though! The Chrysler is very cool, too.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 7:39pm
Tim: If you need to have someone pick her up for ya...I am sure me or MM can help you out.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 7:41pm
It is a heck of a deal. It's the vintage that I like the best and right now they are the best deals out there. You can hardly buy an old 14' aluminum with a 9.9 for $1,500.

Now that I think of it, if it were closer to Maine, I'd buy it and tell everyone I was storing it for you.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 7:52pm
Riley; My offer to Tim stands for you too. I can hide it in my storage yard for ya...$25/mnth.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 8:22pm

Riley; My offer to Tim stands for you too. I can hide it in my storage yard for ya...$25/mnth.

john

Thanks John, I appreciate it. It would probably be years though before I could get down to FLA to pick it up, although that ride is on my to do list someday. I have a buddy that lives in NC that may be interested. We own one boat together and are always looking at other boats. I'm going to show it to him. If he bites, I'll let you know.

Bruce   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 8:31pm

Tim: If you need to have someone pick her up for ya...I am sure me or MM can help you out.

john

Thanks for the offer, John. Like I said, Ive got too many boats as-is, but Ill mention it to some boat-less friends. You never know!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 9:37pm
When that pic was taken the boat was in the water for 3 weeks so it was real dirty, it also has a trailer, the boat has a 273 in it!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 9:41pm
MM: Got $500 bucks? I'll split it with you...we'll clean it up and see what we got and what we can get for it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2007 at 10:06pm

MM: Got $500 bucks? I'll split it with you...we'll clean it up and see what we got and what we can get for it.

john

Ill see what I can come up, with x-mas and all im kinda broke right now, maybe 79 can use a new boat!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 442>
  Share Topic