Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil pressure gauge problem.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slalomdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slalomdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil pressure gauge problem.
    Posted: November-16-2007 at 3:02am
As soon as I turn on the ignition, my oil pressure gauge pegs out. Removing the wire at the sender, results in the gauge going to zero. Grounding the wire to the block and it pegs the gauge. I thought I had a direct short in the sendor so order a new one from skidim.Received it today(great service!!) and fitted it, but unfortunately it does the exact same thing. I have measure 12v at the wire to the sendor. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2007 at 7:27am
SD, Disconnect the sender wire at the sender and measure voltage from the + on the engine to the terminal on the sender. The voltage should be less than 12V and increases as oil pressure increases. If it checks, then it is a gauge problem. You can also measure resistance from the sender terminal to the block. The instructions that came with the new sender may have the resistance in ohms listed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic