NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How I spent New years Day

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How I spent New years Day
    Posted: January-10-2008 at 7:23pm
Kind of like the centry 21 commercial, where the couple buys a house in the summer and the green leaves are covering the view of the prison located directly behind them. They find it in the fall when all the leaves are gone. Funny commercial, might have to see it to find it funny.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Nice looking hosue, Steve. Between the style and surroundings, that picture could have been taken in Maine.

Thanks Bruce... we spent the 10 years gutting and remodeling the old farm house. Well worth the time investment, however , I really wouldnt want to do it again.

As for Maine, You'd be able to tell the difference in summer by the corn fields on three sides of us.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 8:47pm
Nice looking hosue, Steve. Between the style and surroundings, that picture could have been taken in Maine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 8:20pm
62 wood
We still have the old cable style western on our 79 F-250. WE got rid of the t-handle controller around 85 though. Went to just stick control box, not to be confues with the new style joystick control boxes though.

I had an ultra mount on my 05 F-350, man was that thing sweet. I could have the plow ready to go in less then a minute. Took longer to get out of the truck and get back in then it did to hook it up.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 3:32am
Enough already of the snow pictures.

Mighty nice looking place Steve. Thanks for your gracious offer...we would love to see you both but.....well maybe a bit later!

I had forgotten how tough ya gotta be to live in the Midwest in the winter.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 2:53am
As long as we are showing winter snow pics , Wendy took this one while we were leaving NE In. Notice the 3 swans to the left of the boat.

Here is a better pic of the swans .

Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 2:38am
I knew that would get you going Steve,I'm really in a built up area now,my neighbor hood hasn't really changed but everything around me has.I cant even push snow across the street anymore,too much traffic.
John I'll give you the standard answer, we like the change of seasons here.We keep telling ourselfs that otherwise we'd go crazy.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 2:02am
John,
heres a pic of our house the same day....

Its your turn to come up here! We can get the sled out and show you how much fun a 500lb ,140hp , sled is!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 1:28am
Right you are...and darn proud of it!

Bring Pam down for a little visit..you need to be warmed up!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 1:22am
John... Man you've really "weinied" out on us since youve become one of those southern people.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 1:08am
Man you guys are killin' me.

Like the snow pics...can almost feel the cold...and thats close enough.

Gary I just cannot imagine workin' in that...even tho I know I did it for years.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Steve,you city folks have a pretty fancy plowing rig,here's how we do it in the country

Gary.... nice Cub!... And FYI, Im about as far away from a city folk as anyone could be. In fact I still have my Farmall Super C stuck down in the barn that I used to mow our 2 1/2 acres with. Havent used it for over 5 years,but cant quite part with it either.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 12:22am
Billy that's next summers boatin water.We store it that way so we have it for later.
Thanks for the tractor complements guy's.I learned to drive on that thing many years ago.Dad didn't have a battery in it so I had to crank start it,I learned real fast how to drive a stick
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 11:13pm
That's a cool old tractor, Gary.

New Year's in Southern Maine

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 9:54pm
Gary, what is that stuff you are pushing??????????????????????
We have something simular in our fields in Oct. but they call it COTTON......LOL
boat dr
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 9:28pm
Steve,you city folks have a pretty fancy plowing rig,here's how we do it in the country

Still haven't changed the date on the camera,this was from just before Christmas,we did not get as much as you did on New Years
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 9:22pm
Steve you got too many irons in the fire with all your projects.Looks pretty flat out there you could have forgotten the plowing and gone out and had fun.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 7:28pm
Tull,
Im in Sterling IL... in the NW corner of the state..

I used an 80 one ton dually 4x4 BB Chevy for the past 20 years... hafta get used to a single wheeler again... Just bought the truck from a neighbor... its the old Western cable/T handle control plow ...at least for now... planning on looking for a Western Ultra-mount for next winter... Would like to find a used one tho. Cant justify 4500 bucks for a new one.

oh, Tull, My 02 Yamaha Viper hasnt been started this year....really sucks. No time
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 7:11pm
I would have given my right nut for a sled on Tuesday.
BTW, I also have an 8' Western with a uni-mount on my F-350 3yd dump truck.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 6:31pm
Tull
That's what they call a successfull fire. Pardon the spelling. Glad to hear your house was ok. I spent new year's day riding the snowmobiles and plowing.

Nice plow rig you got there. Looks like a western with a uni-mount system.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 2:34pm
Steve,

Been there done that.......Winter SUCKS!!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 2:25pm
Where are you located.
We here in SE MI got 13" of fresh snow New Years day. I couldn't enjoy it because we spent the day watching the house next door burn down. Thanks to the wind, it didn't touch my house.
I was heading to my shop to get my plow truck when a neighbor called my wife's cell and said the house was on fire. We called my sons, who's bedrooms are on that side of the house, and they thought we were joking, trying to roust them out of bed. My son looked out his bedroom window and said "oh sh#@".
The house had just sold and the new owner wasn't moved in yet. Sound fishy, doesn't it?
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 11:24am
Tim,
We like to keep things interesting in the midwest... after the foot of snow, we had 30-40mph winds, then got to 11 below the next day.... ... three days later almost 60...
go figure
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 11:14am
AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh, what a beatiful sunny day in Atlanta yesterday. A nice 70 degree day and it is supposed to hit 71 today. Hard to believe we were in the 20's just three days ago.

It was nice doing a little fiberglass repair on the engine cover in the warmth of the sun and outside not breathing in the dust.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 10:07am
62, Are you loving it? We've had more snow early on than anytime in the past 30 years. We're in a January thaw this week, but it's going to get cold again next week. Hopefully, it will start snowing again. Winter in Maine is boring without snow.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2008 at 4:03am
Plowing snow!!!   You southerners dont know what your missing. Weatherman predicted an inch or so...got over 5". theres about a foot on the ground in these pics.....

Got up in the fifties yesterday and today..all melted...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic