NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Nautique mods ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
HudsonSpeeder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudsonSpeeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Nautique mods ?
    Posted: January-17-2004 at 10:40pm
Hello, I have a 1992 , Nautique Ski. I noticed when I took my Barefoot lessons , that the boat used was a Sanger , but had a rear extended plate in tha back of the boat. I also noticed this on pictures I saw of Lane's Malibu . Is there such an accessory for the Nautique ?

Thanks to all,

tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2004 at 3:20am
not really something you want to add.ouch. some breakaway bolts should have been added to the design.

get a boom for barefootin'. if you want to board, borrow someones i/o.
SS-201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2004 at 8:54am
Sanger, built circle and drag boats since the early sixty's. They know how to add a plate as we called them cavation plates back then,without tearing off the transom. However the picture you see is an example of the ignorance of someone trying to copy and not knowing how to build to add a plate. It was I believe to enhance the wake , cavatation plates on racing boats were used to add more running surface and enhance hull control among other things. Correct Craft never had a plate until now I believe on the new 210   there is a little drop down plate in the center of the transom, probably for the same reason. The other plate they have on the V drives is under the bottom between the rudder and end of the transon to keep from burnshing holes in the gell coat. This I know because it was my idea.
SS 201
HudsonSpeeder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudsonSpeeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2004 at 11:16am
Thanks Tryan and SS 201, Great pics! I will definatelty stick with the BOOM. I thought this was an easy mod to do. I now see that this is totally NOT for me.

Thanks for saving me time and lots of $$$$$.

HS
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2004 at 9:52am
tryan, did those wedge plates tear off because the boat driver hit an object or did the transom fail due to stress placed on it from the wedge? Where the ski boat industry is so competitive, I've wondered why no other boat companies are using that system for wake boarding.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2004 at 1:42pm
the picture was on wakeboarder. the rudder was folded also, so he hit something hard like the earth.

insurance covers underwater obstructions, but i would not risk it just to barefoot.

IMHO, the hydro-gate is the future for wakeboarding wake enhancement.

bftskir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bftskir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2004 at 2:03am
the malibu plate/ hole pictured was for the wedge, not a barefoot plate, the sanger and the malibu barefoot boats have a plate that is basically flush to the bottom of the boat, it really cant hit anything and only helps get the boat on plane faster and to shape/smooth the wake at speed. I have a sanger and have skiied the malibu barefooter too.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2004 at 5:31pm
Here's the Sanger Barefoot plate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic