Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maintenance parts List ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintenance parts List ?
    Posted: February-09-2008 at 12:52am
I bought a 91 sport that had been sitting out in the weather all last summer and I bought it about Mid Fall.   
I fired it up with the "fake a Lake" and it ran great sitting in the yard. Its only showing a little over 300hrs on the meter. Mega rich people bought it for their kids, and they beat the crap out of the bottom, and left it for dead.   But I got that all fixed and she's looking good. I was going to service everything now that the weathers warmed up.
Can someone give me a list of things that need changed so I won't miss anything that I'm not aware of besides the Oil and filter. When I fired it up in the yard some nasty looking water came out ( I was expecting that ) but it cleared up with in a few minutes
Thanks.
pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 4:48am
Water separating fuel filter, raw water pump impeller, thermostat, ignition cap and rotor, spark plugs, ~2 quarts of dexron/mercon trans fluid, packing flax for your stuffing box. That's what I can think of just right on the top of my head. I'm sure others will chime in with more.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
JUST-IN-TIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 6:48pm
lube up the steering cable and rudder ports
clean battery connections
spray down engine with CRC 6-56
spark plug check
look over the entire electrical
check all through hull clamps and fittings
www.switchbait.com
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 11:18pm
Uhhh...dumb question...what is CRC 6-56 and what does it do?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 11:29pm
http://www.crcindustries.com/marine/content/prod_detail.aspx?PN=06005&S=N

the best corrosion inhibitor or fluid film

wd-40 is ok
corrosion block leaves a sticky film
www.switchbait.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2008 at 11:30pm
http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

is the other one
www.switchbait.com
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 1:37am
I did not read through it to determine if there is a tuneup checklist, but there is a 1991 owner's manual in the reference section of this website. BKH
Livin' the Dream

pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 1:37pm
Thanks ,     should I do the stuffing if it needs it or not ?     How often should you change the fluid in the trans ?    Is there any kind of additives for the trans that I need or just straight trans fluid ?

Thanks for the list guys,    I didn't want to over look anything.    I printed out the owners manual.

Do I need to do anything extra to the Rear drain plug ?   
Thanks

pmccook1

Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 2:00pm
Phil, I wouldn't do the packing unless it is leaking.

As far as using a additive in the trans, our trans expert Eric highly recommends any additive you can find. This gives him more trans work this time of the year after the additives have swelled all the seals to the size of donuts and plugged up all the passages!!
NO on the additives!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by pmccook1 pmccook1 wrote:

How often should you change the fluid in the trans ?

Change the tranny fluid- it should be done every year.

When you draw it out, pay attention to what kind of fluid it used. By '91, I think PCM had switched over to ATF, but the very early 1.23's used 20w oil. Keep running whatever you take out. If its ATF, go with conventional Valvoline Dexron/Mercon.
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 5:51pm
you may only get 1 1/2 qts. out of the transmission. and don't put more than 2 qts. back in.
bill
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2008 at 7:54pm
As far as using a additive in the trans, our trans expert Eric highly recommends any additive you can find. This gives him more trans work this time of the year after the additives have swelled all the seals to the size of donuts and plugged up all the passages!!     

Nice answer,     I'll be sure to pay attention to what I take out and the amount I put back.

Any perticular brand of spark plugs ya'll like best ?
Thanks
pmccook1

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2008 at 12:31am
Autolite plugs will run the best save your money and don't get platnium plugs unless you've replace the ignition system with high output system.

If you change the plugs yearly you can use regular automotive grade otherwise order the marine grade that use S.S.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic