NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muscatine Boat Show.... Be There!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muscatine Boat Show.... Be There!
    Posted: May-20-2008 at 2:26am
Thanks! looked cool Think I've seen a couple of them on Fiberclasics.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 2:51am
jbear,
Since I was helping with the show,I didnt get a chance to take any myself. However, heres a link to some pics already posted on Big Fin Boats .

Weather turned out pretty nice, just too bad the river was about a foot too high to run the hydros Overall, pretty fun weekend.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 2:34am
wood: Got any pictures of the show?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 12:31am
Chris,
   Glad you took the time to stop by Sat.
Thanks for the compliment on the 'ol 64. Your not going to burst my bubble... there were a LOT of nicer boats than mine at the show, besides, my 64 is not a show quality boat, its used at least a couple times a week in the summer. Its just fun to get away for a weekend and talk to everyone.

As for the hydros, plans and ideas are already in the works for next years show.
Thanks again!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2008 at 8:41pm
Steve - It was great meeting you & Pam Saturday. You have an awesome Skier.

Sorry to burst your bubble, however, as I thought that Century Hardtop was best in show. Cool boat. Nothing to do with my rating, but my brother said he knew the PO of that boat - it had sunk dockside at one point.

Too bad the water was so high & they couldn't run the Hydros - that would have been a 3 beer event.

Like the Cubbies say, there's always next year!

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 4:00am
Yeah, Pete was a great "straight man" so to say on that one.. lol
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:54am
Sorry couldn't help myself...it was just to good a comment.

Ramp and river look nice.

Must also be nice...a whole week without snow.

Have a great time at your boat show!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:33am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Where's the snow?

john

SNOW!? I havent seen any snow for over a week! (altho we did have a snow/rain combination a week ago Monday)

I see you picked up on my "wood" comment.. wasnt expecting to see it in your sig tho
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:28am
Where's the snow?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:26am
I talked with Dave this afternoon. Everything is looking up. The river IS open and the park is in good shape! Any boat(race or not) on a trailer will be able to launch. Here'sa pic of the new ramps...

Altho,the boats requiring cranes will not be able to run,(not enough space for the cranes to set),some of the race boat owners have told Dave they are hoping to get out on the water. Ken Warby , world water speed record holder (317mph!) is still planning on being there, and hoping to get his "puney" 1000hp ride out!

Here are a couple of pics taken at the park this afternoon..

as you can se, the park is pretty nice! ...now we just need some more CC's !
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 7:17am
Plans have changed for me. I am not going to make it! Too many loose ends here at work and projects that must get done at home. I've heard it is a fantastic show so I'm disappointed.

I do have good news regarding the end of summer Blackhawk ACBS show. It's back on. Our show committee has worked out the problems with the resort where it is held. Them higher up management at the Abbey realized that the show is good for them and deleted all the little terms that the regular management had put in the contract. I'll keep everyone posted. Lots of nice wood boats! (glass too)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 1:49am
Welll.... not so good news.... After an unexpected 2 1/2" of rain on Sunday, it looks like the river is going back up. Because of this, they wont be able to run the race boats this weekend.

Good news is.. There still IS going to be a boat show! and it looks like it will be able to be held at the waterfront park.

The other good thing is, if you are a participant, you can get a wristband on Sat. for a free breakfast and later in the day a free buffet lunch.

Pam and I are still planning on taking the 64, anyone else thinking of making the trek?... would love to hold a few more spots for some CC's.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2008 at 1:52am
Them hotties showed up on my boat too...is that why you wanna do mine too Paul?

I'd post the picture if I could find it. Larry H. (75 Tique) photoshopped them on my '80 I believe.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

So what is the level of river today.......and are they expecting more rain out there?......Steve.....No way are you gonna wash my boat.....It's my turn to wash yours this time.......line yours up too jbear.

keep us posted steve!

The river at Muscatine was at its high a week ago at 21.5'. It is currently at 17, so its gone down almost 5 feet last week.They are predicting some rain this week, but that is usually taken into account.   It needs to be at 16' to run the boats. Last night it was predicted to be there on Friday.

btw, there are worse things to do than wash a boat with 4 chicks in bikinis on the back....oh wait.. .I forgot...

Would love to see you make it!! I will keep you posted as the week goes on.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2008 at 5:47pm
So what is the level of river today.......and are they expecting more rain out there?......Steve.....No way are you gonna wash my boat.....It's my turn to wash yours this time.......line yours up too jbear.

keep us posted steve!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2008 at 2:35am
Paul,
You show up and I'd be glad to help wash your boat...(.you sure you can find at least one ornament?)

Steve,
There IS a full day scheduled for Sunday also. The APBA race boats are planned to hit the water around 9 AM.   Also,there will be a car show, as well as the boat show going on til 3.

Here is a link to the events page on the show's website.

BTW, talked with Dave earlier today....the river dropped 4 1/2 feet this past week. Needs to go only one more foot before next weekend for the boats to run.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2008 at 12:39am
Steve,
The only possible day for me is Sunday.
I'd be a spectator only though.

Is there still a lot going on Sunday from 11:00 to 3:00 or is everyone packing up and clearing out by then?
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 10:58am
Paul, if Steve cleans yours, maybe you could clean mine, really I need just a few spots in the bilge cleaned.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 10:27am
Jbear,

Still working on the "Ornaments" for the updated photo....have a couple in line......but the problem is when you geta few wowmen you are dating together they start to talk and then you end up with none.....I guess i could ask a few of the hotties where we party in the cove to pose for some photo's.......offer them beers or whatever......

Steve still trying to get out of work so i can come up and hang out with you guys but as a tradition you will have to clean my boat for me when i get there. Ha Ha.......
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 12:43am
I was thinking the same thing Chuck...c'mon Paul...bring back the crew.

Of course I now have a much better idea of what Paul's BOAT looks like.

As to Graduation Day Chuck...we got our fingers crossed and are pulling for Conner all the way from Central Florida.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 2:07pm
Alan, I Just talked with Dave about 8:30 this morning. He was at the park as we spoke.

The water has dropped about 4 feet in the last week,and is now pretty much out of the park. The river needs to drop about 2 more feet to be able to run the boats, so it is headed the right way.

There is another area they can hold the show if need be. However, when I talked with him, there was what Dave said was a "s#!*load" of people working to clean everything up. Sooo , as of now the show will be at the park as it was last year.

I think he has around 150 boats pre-registered! So,, either way, there WILL be a show! I will keep everyone posted as the week goes on.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2008 at 3:58am
Steve, Whats the latest on the river levels? I think it was hopeful until todays rain, I really hope it works out for you guys I know how much work has gone into putting that event together.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 8:06am
Steve, Yes, thats our Sept. show! It is a big disappointment to all. There really isn't another place like it with it's quiet protected harbor that can hold the over 200 boats we bring in. The Abby went condo about 5 years ago and their demands have gotten worse each year. The biggest is the amount of rooms they expect us to guarantee. The past couple of years it was 50 and we filled about 48 each year so the chapter ended up picking up the remaining room tabs. This year they expect 100 rooms from us! Then there are launch fees, docking fees, fees to move the boats to make room for us, and on and on and up and up $. It got too much and from a business standpoint - too risky! Most years we would just break even.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 1:15am
Pete,is that the show in Sept? Thats hard to believe! Would be great to see you make it to Muscatine tho!

I just got an email from Dave, and found out that Ken Warby from Australia is planning to be there! Ken has held the world water speed record of 317+ mph , since 1978 in a 6,000 hp boat! Heres a link to Kens site. Coolest thing is he's got a 9,000 hp boat he wants to try to break his own record with later this year.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 10:33pm
I'm going to try and make it this year. I've got some extra time! - I found out Saturday that one of our shows the Blackhawk chapter ACBS puts on every year on Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) fell through! The Abbey resort where it is held has been getting more and more demanding on what they expect from our chapter. The board decided to back off because the liabilities of the Abby's demands. It really is a shame because it had become the premier Midwest antique & classic wood boat show.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 11:39am
Here is the short list:
Fix original tach.
New fuel lines.
Fix exhaust manifolds.
Test generator and regulator.
Clean and check electrical contacts.
Straighten, seal and align strut.
Seal shaft log.
Total drive train alignment.
Repair stringer.
Troubleshoot bad engine performance at idle.
Sort out electronic ignition.
New stern light.

That is just off the top of my head.
It will be doubled by the time I'm on the water!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Steve - I dunno about the Classic. Lots of parts that belong on the boat are on the floor instead.

Hey 'dog,
what you doin to the 62?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 9:19pm
Steve -- Wish I could be there, but it's going to be graduation day (oh, how I hope!) around our house.

Paul -- I like your new signature picture, but the backseat is lookin' pretty empty.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 10:20pm
Paul - With or without the boat?

Steve - I dunno about the Classic. Lots of parts that belong on the boat are on the floor instead.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 5:40pm
Steve,

Damn i'm trying to get over to that show........We will see>?

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic