Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any body want my 13x14 Federal Super cup?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any body want my 13x14 Federal Super cup?
    Posted: November-23-2004 at 2:08pm
I want a new Acme

My 78 Ski Nautique came to me with this prop and runs fine, but you know how we are, got to try this and that, I'd like to defer my cost for a new prop so... 13x14 RH 1" bore prop, no dings or damage at all. Maybe $100?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2004 at 2:19pm
Where are you shipping from? and how much for shipping?
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2004 at 2:25pm
Price to low? That was fast. I live in San Jose Ca. 95135 so it would leave from here. I don't know on the shipping, where to?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2004 at 5:02pm
It would be to nothern indiana. How much cup is on the prop? What kind of RPM and top end did you get with it? what size engine and is the engine stock? I need to increase the pitch to bring down the RPM for mine but I'm not sure if a incrrease 1" will be enough to do it.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2004 at 7:36pm
Here's what I got off the hub, P6-367 , 13RH14 Federal Super Cup NI-Bral. I've only had the boat 1978 Ski Nautique since July this year and I haven't given it all she's got yet, I don't know what WOT will be. The engine is stock as far as I know Ford 351 four barrel carb. I know one thing is I wish it would go slower at 700 rpm, I sometimes get yelled at in our marina to slow down and I can't go any slower. The ACME prop is a 13x12, that's 2 pitch lower than this one for my boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2004 at 1:05pm
I have the same problem in idle zones mine is mostly from the idle having to be around 800-900 rpm for the cam I have. if I try and lower the idle it doesn't run right.
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2004 at 3:23pm
The old Federal prop has a positive rake that pushed the nose down, newer props have 6-9 negative rake. This helps to bring the nose out of the water to put some air under the hull.
From the posts I have seen If you have lots of power SS 12X15, 13X 14 cup or 15 with low or no cup. However each hull and manufacture are different so what is good for one necessarly is not for the other.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2004 at 4:04pm
I don't have much to go by on comparisons since it's the only prop I've used, it's a nice prop even for a inexpensive spare or to try out. I'm only interested in seeing what else is out there, ACME or 4 blade just for the sake of curiosity. Anyway good prop for sale.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2004 at 6:38pm
Thanks for the info Bob,

Captan1,
I'm pretty interrested in the prop but need to check out a couple of things first before I committ completely. because I may need more pitch than the 14. I was going to remove mine and have it checked so that I know exactly what I currently have and what needs to change to get to where I need it to be.

Bob,
I have a question for you, with my current prop (cupped 13x13) when I have more weight in the rear, i.e. the riders are in the rear and the driver is the only one in front, at higher speeds say 50+ the nose tends to porpuse a little, now when someone is up front it doesn't. Will a change in rake or cup help prevent this?. I'm just a little worried that when I increase pitch and the speed increases to 60+ will it be worse. Right now a small chop or a wake gets it porpusing and rolling out of the throttle and rolling back in fixes it. so it's not that big of a deal currently.
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2004 at 9:16am
Porposing is usually caused from the wrong prop, it's needs more power to get It over the hump, as to speak. Heavy cup props will actually increase pitch and rake, trial and error. When comparing props, compare hull and power and what you are trying to obtain speed or ride or towing.
Each boat and passenger set up is different. The hull you have,as I, is very critical, narrow and short, not built for lots of people and speeds above 48-50 mph. Some of the bottoms were built with a hook and or a rock or both. Under power they can and will do crazy things as I said before the hulls are simular not always the same, what is good for one necesarly not for another.
The orginal hulls were meant to ride flat, and when you put weight in the rear they ran faster, this because the shaft angles are 15 plus degrees negative Federal props pushed the transoms up, to able it be a tow boat, not speed.It goes on and on, when you increase powever for high speeds everything changes.
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2004 at 11:04am
Also when changing to a larger cam,etc, to obtain a decent Idle usually the back throttle plate has to be adjusted. Also spray the air bleeds to keep them clear. A pain however necessary.
The new Barry Grant carb has a new plate that can be adjusted from the screw under the center stud. I understand that Holley offers a plate to adjust the two throttle plates the same way.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2004 at 10:29pm
I just ran it today, got my wedge plate on and down to 600 rpm, not to fast for marinas and might turn out to be my spare prop if not sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic