NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump--Help before my Wife Comes Hom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pump--Help before my Wife Comes Hom
    Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:29pm
Here I am at my kitchen table--the lighting is better in here than the garage, with my water pump disassembled. It's from my 318 Chrysler (sweetest sounding engine you'll ever hear, provided I get the water pump back together).

My question: the Sherwood pump has two impellers, I've got the impellers out and the new ready to go back in. The pump shaft turns, fairly good, are these things supposed to be greased? Or something else before putting back together?

My wife will be home soon, so please help.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:08am
I just got on...did you get it in before Tina caught you at the kitchen Table?

Mine is different...only one impeller,,and I don't grease the shaft before I out in the new one. But you know my mechanical skill level...I sure wouldn't advise going by what I say.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 1:21am
anti-sieze
bill
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2008 at 8:00am
Chuck, Well, by now I'm sure your wife got home so sorry about the delay! Im assuming you are reffering to greasing the impellers. I do suggest it or as recommended anti seize. Anything to lubricate the impeller tips to the pump body untill it sees water.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic