Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bdabj2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdabj2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boom
    Posted: April-20-2008 at 5:17pm
Would someone please advise me which boom to get for a 2005 Air Natique 206? Tower, curved pole or straight pole. I keep getting mixed advise.
Thanks kindly
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 3:34pm
bdabj2001,
Do you currently have a tower on your 2005 Air Nautique?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
bdabj2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdabj2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 5:32pm
Yes, it's an Air Nautique 206. I don't use the Air part when I talk about it as they don't make it this way any more. Regards
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 7:28pm
Personally, I would go with the curved. They seem to work better when the pylons are far enough from the engine cover and you may need the curved mount to clear the windshield frame if it sits behind the pylon. A straight mount needs to be mounted high on the pylon and is generally used on older classic boats that have the pylon right next to the engine box and the windshields don't curve back behind the pylon.

I must admit that the tower mounts are cleaner and give you lots more room for walking around the inside of the boat without stubbing toes or banging knees. They are also really expensive compared to the pylon mounts. I've never personally skied with a tower mount but from the pics I've seen of them, I just can't see any way that they can installed and removed without getting out of the boat but I could certainly be wrong on that. Somebody who has used them might know better than me. The pylon mounts are very easy to install and remove without getting wet and if you ski in early or late season cold water, that can be huge.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
bdabj2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdabj2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 8:32pm
Thanks kindly for your advise Pete. I've ordered a curved from Lake Elmo Sports in the US as I can't find anything up here in Eastern Ontario. Have a great ski season...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 11:56pm
On my 05' 206 from the pylon centerline the windshield frame is about 11" forward and the rear tower leg is about 6" aft. If you plan on using the boom off the drivers or starboard side the seat may need to be a bit forward to run the boom past.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2008 at 12:11am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

On my 05' 206 from the pylon centerline the rear tower leg is about 6" aft.

Sounds like the Universal Countour is going to be VERY tight, as I believe it has 8" of rear backspacing. You may have been better off with a Straight Contour (up/down curve only, no backspacing) or a Straight boom.

I bought a straight boom with a height adjuster last fall and I think it will be a perfect set up. The height adjuster allows me to mount the clamp low enough to put the extended pylon on at the same time.
wakesurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 12:28pm

Anyone install a tower boom on a 77 ski nautique?

Curious on which boom to get. Speaking of - Anyone wanna sell a used one?

here is the tower.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic