Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which belts on my ’90 PLD Ford 351?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
robesaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robesaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which belts on my ’90 PLD Ford 351?
    Posted: July-15-2008 at 5:59am
I've got a '90 ski nautique with the engine above.

I can't find anywhere in the manual what belts to use (alternator, raw water pump). I took my belts into a parts store and they gave me 1/2" belts, same length (40" and 45"). My original belts look more like 3/8" but I assumed they wore thinner as they wore out.

I can't install the 1/2" belts - too short. Should I assume I had poor help at the store? Or should I be looking at longer belts??

Thanks all.
Rob.

1990 Ski Nautique.
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 9:20am
Rob I think that you will find that the top of those 1/2" belts will ride above the top edge of the pulleys , thats why they are to short. You should be looking for a 3L belt which is 3/8" wide. Depending on pulley wear, the top of the belt should ride at about the top edge of the pulley, not above it
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
robesaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robesaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 2:14pm
Thanks for your help.

I took the belts back and it turns out they sized them wrong after all.

They gave me gates 7400 (13/32x30 5/8) and gates 7455 (13/32x46 1/8) and they seem to fit perfect.
Rob.

1990 Ski Nautique.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic