NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

old bronze

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old bronze
    Posted: July-27-2008 at 8:18pm
The date stamp on the old Federal Equi-poise is 64 so I guess after 44 years it couldn't take it anymore! Even with only 60 HP and only cranking at 3400 RPM (red line)it does happen. The last time I through a blade was on my X55 and it got driven into the boat bottom. At least this time on the Atom it missed! Making matters worse, I can't find my spare! I couldn't find it up at the lake and now I'm home and can't find it! Well, the spare is the original 54 so it's probably time for a new one. Now of coarse I hope Federal still makes a 11" X 10"!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2008 at 8:22pm
That looks like a Craftsman Table Saw Pete.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2008 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

That looks like a Craftsman Table Saw Pete.

Chuck

Sorry Chuck but I need to tell you that I'm not, nor have I ever been a fan of the Crapsman line of anything! It's a older Delta.

I just got off the phone with my wife up north. She found the prop!! It's a 11" X 12" so the hole shot isn't as good and the reason I had the 10 pitch on it. Ha ha, a hole shot in the Atom!! It will work for now until I find another one.

I'm glad her memory is better than mine - But then again it seems wives memories are. Like something you did 20 years ago that you really shouldn't have done!! They remember.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 12:00am
Hey, the most important thing is that the Atom Skier is o.k., Pete you need to be on-line as much as possible for everyone's sake, not doing repairs on your own crafts!!! You're too valuable here!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 12:21pm
Have you checked with a prop rebuilder? Years ago when I took my prop to White Lake to get it redone, they told me the price was the same, no matter how much was worn off each blade or if a blade was missing. They were sending props out to a rebuilder, they have switched now, I think it's in Virginia.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 12:53pm
Tim,

It has always been my understanding that a missing blade is a no go with a prop rebuilder. There may be some out there that will but I really don't want to go that route. I'm sure the old bronze (not even a Nibral) has reached it's useful end of life. If one blade went, the other two may be ready at any time to give up.

I did call General Prop this morning and because of it's unusual size they didn't have one. (no 11") I did call up Michigan who now owns Federal and they are doing a field search for me to see if any of their distributors have one in stock still. The Equi-poise has been superceded with the Michigan Dyna-jet. this does have cupped blades too. I'll see if they dig anything up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 1:33pm
Pete

We still use a lot of the smaller prop sizes on our older ski boats in Aus.

Have a look at this site.

Austral propellors

Freight would be a problem though plus the exchange rate is not as good as it used to be.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 7:15pm
If you can't find suitable let me know,I'll go dig in the barn.

Bob Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 7:27pm
Bob,
Thanks but Michigan wheels "field search" is wonderful! I got home today and had 4 prop shops with messages on my machine. All were within 2 hours of Michigan sending out the email to their distributors stating I was looking for the 11 x 10 or 11. I'm impressed! Maybe because it's unusual size caught everyones attention and they thought to themselves "nows my change to get rid of one of those weird props I bought 20 years ago"! The Prop Shop in I believe Oregon, has something like 25 of them. Before I do anything, I want to get my spare on it (11x12) and see what the WOT is.
Thanks again.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 2:11pm
Wow I'd never have thought there were that many left!Glad you have choices too.

Cya Munday

Looks like old 10 inch contractor w/machined extension tables
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2008 at 9:03pm
Munday
I believe thats an older unisaw
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic