Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Gauges

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Gauges
    Posted: September-15-2008 at 8:43am
I am in the process of re-doing everything from stringers up in my 1969 Barracuda and was thinking about installing a gallons per hour gauge. I know that Shur-Flo makes a good product but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of setup.

Also I am looking to install these on my center console. It is equipped with twin 315hp Yanmar mechanical diesels. I have been told that you cannot install a flow gauge on these motors since the fuel going into the engine is not an accurate measurement due to the fact that there is a pressure side and a return side. I am relatively new to the world of diesels and would appreciate any input.
1963 Debonnaire Deluxe
1972 Separator Jet Boat
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 9:16am
Michael,
How about some updates on past posts? We all love to help out but we also like to hear back on results!!!

prop size

lost rudder

63 Debonaire

Ok, I can see a fuel usage gauge being usefull on a long range off shore but on a ski boat? Sounds like your not going to be doing a original restoration on the Cuda. Sort of like your first choice of engines you wanted to put in the Debonaire!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic