Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
96nauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96nauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with fuel pump
    Posted: February-22-2005 at 4:03am
I have a 96 ski nautique and the electric fuel pump does not seem to be working, it does not make that whining noise when I turn the key. I just dewinterized and it started one time and I heard the pump come on but it doesnt now. Now all it does is make a clicking noise when I turn the key any ideas? I dont know how the wiring works on these things but I did read that it is linked to the oil pressure gauge and my oil pressure gauge is acting funny. PLEASE HELP!
AlEx MuRrY
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2005 at 10:57am
Check for power at the pump (wiring harness). if you have power then the pump is shot. No power then you need to look elsewhere. That's just a start, hope it helps. TJ
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2005 at 11:44am
There should be a relay for the pump. Most fuel injection systems have the pump come on for a second or two when you switch to the on position before you hit the start position. This is controled by a relay and it's to help make sure there is enough pressure on the injectors. As for the oil pressure unit, on some systems, if there is no oil pressure, the fuel pump is shut down. But it's not instant oil pressure, because your car/boat wouldn't start so easy after changing the oil.
Tim D
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2005 at 11:35pm
Iv'e seen guages that have become erratic after being stored in a humid environment (such as a moist boat that has been tarped). Sounds like you might have multiple problems. If you don't have power at the pump momentarily at start up then find the relay and check your connections. I've found more bad connections on my S/N than bad parts. Crimp connectors and the blue squeeze connectors with aluminum contacts are the worst, next to the aluminum automotive connectors. About 5 years ago I started soldering all of my connectors (crimp type) and have far less trouble. Hope this .02 worth helps.
TJ

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic