Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gel Repair Shop , Detroit Area?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gel Repair Shop , Detroit Area?
    Posted: February-26-2009 at 2:48pm
Can anyone fortunate enough to live in the Detroit area recommend a good shop to have some gel repair done? I have a few dings I'd like to have fixed up before spring.

BTW, Steve, thanks for the tip on Hans Auto Electric last summer for the starter rebuild. Great shop!
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 3:23pm
Silver Spray Watersports in Fenton is a Correct Craft dealer. If they won't do it, they know who will.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 5:50pm
Ryan
I'll bet you weren't impressed when you walked into Hans' place. But Marty does a good job, and knows his 12-24 volt stuff.
I have used GlassMasters in White Lake for my Larson runabout. They did a great job on the white gelcoat. This was about 7 years ago, and I know they are still doing work. They are about a par 5 from my house.
Then there's Fred's Boat Repair in Waterford who does really nice work. He put a complete transom on an old Reinell I had. Kind of pricey, but good craftsmanship. Let me know if you need numbers.
BTW- Where are you located?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

ryanowen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 6:41pm
Waterdog,
Thanks for the reply. I did try Silver Spray, but they contract the work out and from the looks of the quote, pad it quite a bit.

Steve,
Definitely not a spotless shop, but I was super impressed with the service. I didn't expect them to repaint the thing either. Functioned and looked like new! I'll give those two a try. I'm currently in Clawson, just south of Troy. I grew up in the Walled Lake area and spent lots of time on Commerce, Lower and Upper Straits lakes so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Thanks!

Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic