Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Santa Barbara, Calif

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa Barbara, Calif
    Posted: April-03-2009 at 6:19pm
My wife and I are going to be in Santa Barbara in May for Business/vacation. Can anyone recommend a ski club in the area that allows non members. We will have free time on Thurs. and Fri and I am hoping to fill that time with a few sets..Thanks for any info...Joe
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2009 at 11:48pm
try surfing, the beach will be the place to go.
This is the life
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 12:26am
Call West Coast Correct Craft. Maybe they can help you.

West Coast Correct Craft Inc
11340 White Rock Rd, #A
Rancho Cordova, ca 95742-6606
Phone: (916) 638-3382
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 3:49am
TJ,

I really don't think skiing is going to work out for you. There are few lakes, in Santa Barbara, and in all of Southern California for that matter. I'm not familiar with the private lakes in the area, but the only two
public lakes close by are Lake Cachuma (about 20 miles) which does not allow skiing, and Lake Casitas (about 40 miles) which currently has a 1 year ban on launching of private boats.

As someone suggested, the beaches in Santa Barbara are great, perhaps you can try your hand at surfing.

West Coast Correct Craft is about 350 miles from Santa Barbara, and I would be surprised if anyone their knew much about the sking possiblities in SB, but you never know.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 12:55pm
Thanks for the information, guess we are gonna have to change vacation plans!.Joe
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2009 at 1:21pm
Postscript - I was doing a little digging around the internet, and even the UC Santa Barbara Waterski team travels 2.5 hours to either Lake Nacimiento, or a private lake in Lemoore. Just not a lot of lakes in the Santa Barbara Area.

Beautiful place, nice beaches, several wineries nearby, lots of spas, sailing, ocean fishing.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2009 at 1:11am
I'm guessing that is why most Californians have double axle trailers!

What about Lake Elsinore? I don't know much about it but that is 164 miles away! I have family friends at Canyon Lake (private gated community).
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2009 at 2:10am
I've never skied Elsinore or Canyon Lakes. I know Elsinore is a popular lake for the L.A. crowd, and all the magazine articles I've seen on Canyon Lakes make it seem like a ver cool skiing community.

Just figuring that if tj has a short getaway with his wife, he probably doesn't want to spend 6 or 7 hours driving just to get in a couple of sets.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic