Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats killing my 95 PCM GT 40?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiJunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiJunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats killing my 95 PCM GT 40?
    Posted: July-08-2009 at 1:08am
I have a problem with my 95 Ski Nautique. It was 85 degrees out and when attempting to start the boat (for the first time that day) the dash ignition switch push button would not stay in. I lifted the engine box for 15 minutes and then it would stay in until I tried to start the engine, the engine would start, the button would pop out and kill the engine immediately. Eventually it stayed in and running for about a 15 minute boat ride and then the engine died. After a couple of 30 second run/die I got back to the dock. My safety kill switch is bypassed. Something is defiantly killing the engine??
hardes22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardes22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 4:09am
when you find out let me know, I am experiencing the same thing and am stumped and discouraged.
SkiJunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiJunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 7:24pm
I spoke with the local Nautique dealer and he said to check the voltage at the fuel pumps. If your not getting enough juice it could be electrical short or the fuel relay's are bad. He also said you might want to first check the actual Amps at the dash ignition switch, it should be at 12 Amps with everything on. if the less than 12 amps it could be a bad ignition switch breaker. Please let me know if you hear of any other ideas?
Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SkiJunky SkiJunky wrote:

it should be at 12 Amps with everything on

Correction: 12 volts
SkiJunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiJunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2009 at 11:29pm
Thanks Tim, Have you experienced this with your 90? I'm leaving on a camping trip next month and its on the hot side of our state.
hardes22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardes22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2009 at 1:40am
ok, just back from taking the boat out to test it and seemed to run pretty good for the time I was out there. We for now have bypassed the kill switch and it starts right up every time we shut it down, another test run is surely going to be needed this week when I get a chance, the one new thing that just came up today is that the temp gauge is not registering for some reason, wouldn't think the kill switch had anything to do with it so now we are gonna have to do some more wire tracing.
SkiJunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiJunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2009 at 3:56pm
I just ordered a Fuel Sender from SkiDim to replace my factory sender, the current one only reads 1/4 full when the tank is full. I wonder if this problem, is related to my original dieing problem (with the engine cutting off)?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic