Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flite pipe pylon extension - feedback?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kamper11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamper11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flite pipe pylon extension - feedback?
    Posted: July-10-2009 at 7:12pm
Good afternoon

As I will be spending the budget on the floor stringer redo - I will be going towerless but still looking for the high tow attachment - (Ive ridden previous boats with fly highs etc...) I have an 87 2001 with the ring top.

I found a used flitePipe locally - they have the pylon clamps - anyone have or use one of these? Any feedback on quality?

Thanks in advance!
searider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2009 at 8:02pm
I found one of these locally and bought it. Have not used it yet, but it is very well made. It should work great with the ring and finger pylon, but you may need a few pieces of plastic or rubber to get a good fit between the clamps and your pylon.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2009 at 10:05am
Dan, I have a "SkyJack" clamp on extended pylon that I have used for years on my 86. It works very well- just as well as any of the ones that slip over the pylon. We've pulled everything from it, including a 4 man barefoot line.

-Brad
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2009 at 3:42pm
I had a Flightpipe, they are good quality and work very well. The first Generation brackets were a little too short so in order to clear the finger you needed to mount it slightly off center which was not a big deal. If you have a 2nd Gen FP then it will mount at 12 O'Clock.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 5:06pm
Are there different brackets for the different years? The 2001 model boats had a larger diameter ski pole than the newer models.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

Are there different brackets for the different years? The 2001 model boats had a larger diameter ski pole than the newer models.

I dont think so. Once CC went from the thinner pylons to the 2.5" diameter in the mid 70's, theyve all been that size. Ive used the same boom clamp on my Ski Tique, the BFN, several 2001's, a few 90's SN's and dad's '03 196.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 5:30pm
Hmmm, the silver pylon on my 82 just looks a lot larger than the pylon on my 95. But, I confess I have never actually measured them. Maybe the color and ring make it look larger to my 43 year old eyes! That is good news.
tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 2:04am
Have a look at the super deluxe boom mount in the Correct Craft Fan Store...lets you use a standard extended pylon PLUS you can run your barefoot boom at the same time.

Keith gives you guys a nice discount on these!

Manufacturer of the Super Deluxe Boom Mount!

www.tachyonmotorsports.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic