NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Cochituate

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Cochituate
    Posted: July-20-2009 at 12:52pm
Hey Guys,

If you haven't skied lake cochiuate and you are in the Massachusetts area you ow yourself the opportunity to ski that course. I have skied it a handful of times in the past but never really appreciated it fully until yesterday. It was a beautiful Sunday in the middle of July. I skied the course 3 different times yesterday and each time had smooth water, I had to make a few motions for some tubers and dumb boaters to get out of the skiing cove, but once they left even with a hard cross wind the course was as smooth as butter. I want to find a course/cove like this closer to where I now live in North Jersey.

I've posted a couple of photos now and more to come.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 1:12pm
I ski at Lake Cochituate every weekend. We're at the course at about 8:15AM every Saturday or Sunday morning. I'll be there tonight chasing some buoys. Maybe you can meet up with us sometime? We run my '86 Nautique and my buddies '84 and '93.

Hope to see you out there!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 1:13pm
Are you up visiting? I see you just moved to NJ?
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2009 at 1:37pm
Hey Ken,

I looked for your boat out there as I knew from the diaries that you were a frequent skiier of lake cochituate. Maybe I missed you, we didnt get out there till about noon, had the mother and the gf with me who were moving kinda slow.

I am just visiting. I am from Wilmington and my parents still live there so as part of my vacation I came home and spent a few days here. We are actually headed up to Lake George right now to go camping up in Ticonderoga. But I should be back with the boat to MA sometime in August. I will make sure to message you on here and maybe we'll meet you out on the lake.

I'll also be at the reunion in LG so if I dont get back to lake Cochituate I will see you there!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 1:57pm
Lake Cochituate guys, Do you know of a guy named Roger (aka Kim), that skis there?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 12:31am
What kind of boat does Roger ski off? I may just know him by sight.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 12:51am
I knew of him being from there many moons (80's) ago but the he had a Nautique back then. Some friends of mine had a tournament site at a private pond in CT and he would come there to ski. He was a tournament skier, pretty active in AWSA but I' not sure if he is even still around these parts.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 1:13am
I knew the guys from the Three Seasons Ski Club from the 1980's. I don't know Roger by name. I would know his old Nautique if I saw it. Great memories from Lake Cochituate!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic