Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Skimmer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ski Skimmer
    Posted: July-28-2009 at 9:06am
Has anyone made one of these?

My boy's a bit young at the moment, but friends kids would love to get behind the boat on some "skis".

I thought making one might be a good winter evening project.

So, I need some plans - anyone got any?

Tom
Easily Parted From Money
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 10:56am
I bought mine for $89. I'm no woodworker, but it seems well worth the money at that price. It is a great device to get young kids behind the boat.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 11:28am
I agree - at that price, but they cost £89.00 here, plus postage.

I think that'll work out at nearer $200 for me, I fancy a project as well! I was going to make a wakeskate, but I know I'd never use it - I struggle enough when I'm attached to the board!

Good to know you found yours a useful thing though.
Easily Parted From Money
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2009 at 11:39am
Tomski
Sorry, I didn't realize your location.
About the wakeskate; I think you would be very surprised at how much fun they are. The nice part is that you can try tricks, and if you fall, it doesn't hurt because you are separated from the board.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2009 at 8:08am
Hmm, everyone says that about skates. I've never even tried one, maybe I'll give it a go this year.

If I ever get out again this year - sprained ankle and the worst weather, just heavy rain and strong winds for about the last 3 weeks and the forecast is the same for this weekend too!
Easily Parted From Money
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 1:39pm
I think it would be pretty easy to make, if you know how to make wood curve....I do not! i have a skimeer and it has been used on all three kids, as well as a lot of other kids. Works great, but, they outgrow it quickly.
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:20pm
I'm resurrecting this one.

All I need is - dimensions, thickness, rocker and aspprox position of bindings.

Come on guys, I need an excuse to get out in the workshop - I'm watching far too much TV!
Easily Parted From Money
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 5:02pm
I'll try to find ours and get you dimensions.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 6:25pm
I found the wake skate pretty easy make. It was the clamping fixture that took the time!! I got the lenght, width and rocker depth off a friends wake skate. Pictures in this thread

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic