NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prop questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 8:38pm
I like to wakeboard, so I've heard a 4-blade would be better for these lower speeds.

What diameter and pitch 4-blade would be equivilent to my original 13X13? (of course I don't want to lose top speed either.    
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2004 at 12:54am
I have tried 6 different props on my boat. 2 different diameters, and 4 diff. pitches. The one consistant thing that I found is: My boat would not go faster than 52 m.p.h.. A 12"x12p. prop gives a killer wake @ 24 m.p.h. on my boat, given mine weighs 2640# and has a 40 gal. tank behind the seat. you want to wakeboard,you don't want to pull 12 skiers. you want the boat to NOT! come up on plane, but to plow the water @ low speed. I think a 4 blade is another mousetrap just to get way too much money out of your pocket.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic