NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barefoot suit size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barefoot suit size
    Posted: December-04-2009 at 3:43pm
As you might know..my 19 yo casad Bf suit collapsed last time I used it. I´m now on the search for a new suit. AS I will end up buying one in the us, as non is available here, I need some advice on the size.
I might buy a BI suit as I have a friend here that is the local dealer for BI and can get me dealer price for me and will bring it as he is now in florida and travelling to argentina next week.
I am 5´9" tall and weight around 170lb with and even weight distribution..LOL
The chart size gives me I could use both M or L size suit..but whats the disired fit..snug or a little loose. I guess the M will give me a snug fit and eventually loosen a bit with the use..versus a loose fit with the L and the more loose after some use?
please help!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:20pm
Go with the M, it's supposed to be snug and OK if it touches your nuts. You may not be able to fit the beefy padded shorts underneath (I can't fit them in my MT). If I plan on doing lots of deepwater starts and tumbles I'll wear a pair of 2mm neoprene shorts under, plenty of padding for smooth butt rides in a new(er) suit with 10mm+.

You are a solid M all the way around, shouldn't be an issue with brands.
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:26pm
If, by chance, you are entertaining an Eagle get the larger size, they fit tighter than some others in my experience.
1999 Sport Nautique-Python Powered

1999 Ski Nautique-Python Powered
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by 502Python 502Python wrote:

If, by chance, you are entertaining an Eagle get the larger size, they fit tighter than some others in my experience.

Im not sure I would agree with that. Kap may still want a M in an Eagle. At 5'11" and 190 lbs I wear a L with padded shorts underneath. I wouldnt want it much looser.
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 4:54pm
Maybe I got a one-off but at 6-5, 220 the XL was way too small. I'm glad I ended up trading it in on a 2XL although I now go 240 and the damn 2XL is "extra snug".

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:01pm
Well the Eagle XL chart says 6-6'3 190-210. You're over the range on both dimenions so of course it's not going to going to fit. Being at the upper end of both dimensions is going to give you a tight suit. Did you misread the size chart?

XXL
6-2 6-5
210-240

Hey kap, I can loan you an Eagle M if you want to use it while you're shopping.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by 502Python 502Python wrote:

Yes, I have this same problem every spring. Definitely a problem with the size that Eagle advertises.
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:36pm
No, when I bought the XL years ago I was right on the line for the XL so I emailed the guy and he suggested the XL. Maybe since they changed owners they finally updated the sizing? Or maybe I'm going crazy, either way Kapla, disregard my previous post.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hey kap, I can loan you an Eagle M if you want to use it while you're shopping.

I would be glad to take that offer but shipping to argentina and back to you might cost as much as a new suit..
thanks for the offer anyway!!!

so the M size I will choose then....
let you know what turns out with it...
thanks for the help!!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 5:46pm
I put this together last year.

502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 6:01pm
Nicely done! If I keep getting fatter it will be a great resource to find a 3X....

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 6:19pm
at 6.5 240 # do you plow or actually barefoot   
davee40
lakeland,fl
502Python View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 6:26pm
That's why I have the python, it just hurts a little more when I fall.

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 6:28pm
well you have farther to fall than most us
davee40
lakeland,fl
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2009 at 11:45pm
Eagle is pretty good about working w/ you if you get the wrong size. I know now that they have changed thier manufacturing process, sizes should be very consistant with little or no "one-offs".
...those who have fallen and those who will.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2009 at 2:23am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

As you might know..my 19 yo casad Bf suit collapsed last time I used it. I´m now on the search for a new suit. AS I will end up buying one in the us, as non is available here, I need some advice on the size.
I might buy a BI suit as I have a friend here that is the local dealer for BI and can get me dealer price for me and will bring it as he is now in florida and travelling to argentina next week.
I am 5´9" tall and weight around 170lb with and even weight distribution..LOL
The chart size gives me I could use both M or L size suit..but whats the disired fit..snug or a little loose. I guess the M will give me a snug fit and eventually loosen a bit with the use..versus a loose fit with the L and the more loose after some use?
please help!!!

Sebastion-

I am 5-9 and 195. I have a large BI iron that I bought new this year. I have a large eagle jump suit, a large intensity jump suit, and had a large intensity barefoot suit. Every suit fits great, except for the BI which is just a bit tighter than the other suits. I still like the BI suits the best for barefooting. I have a pretty much new medium BI suit in the basement collecting dust if you are interested. Not sure what it would cost to send it over but if I got $100 usd out of it I would be happy.

Tim

Tim

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2009 at 3:59pm
I bought the barbed wire suit from intensity..@ $99...size medium..I sent it to my uncle and he will bring it to BA on 12-27...so thats my x-mas present..LOL
He was living in boston..and now he moved to san francisco..he bought a house there 15minutes from the city.
Anyone around Sf? his name Is andres and he is 1 year younger than me..we started skiing toghether back in the days...he actually got us into wakeboarding...got to my boat with a conelly razor blade...then whe bought a liquid force team..i´m talking year ´95....
Then I continued the quest in wb..he had to quit as he moved and to the US to study etc..now he finished the PHD in microcells biology in harvard..and will start another phd in a cal univiersty...
He would be very interested in hooking up over there to go for some ski sessions.... let me know...

oops tim I misread your previous post about the offer...thanks anyway...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2009 at 11:00pm
got the suit today!!! looks really good
I tried it and the dry fit IS kind of snug...wet ( in the swiming pool) It gives a touch....hope it will loosen with the use....
no test drive though until the return of my vacation...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2009 at 1:54am
Should stretch a little.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:54am
rinse off any chlorine. and don't put it in the pool anymore unless you want it to fade. The chlorine will attack the nylon and the neoprene. it sounds like it fits perfect and the barbed wire suits are still cool and you can't beat $99. good deal.
This is the life
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Should stretch a little.

Really, mine seems to shrink over the winter.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 8:17pm
too much turkey and pie Mark. Mine gets tighter too...LOL
Got Foot?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 12:36am
nice tip on the swimming pool thing..
I got to use it today and fits perfect!!! now its in the boat. care? we have this muddy water (fresh) you think I should take it home everytime and rinse it with frash clen water? I have never done that with other suit and they are ok...

me in the new suit...
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

Really, mine seems to shrink over the winter.
I've found the same thing.....I think the neoprene just tends to do that over time.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic