NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back in the day

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back in the day
    Posted: April-18-2010 at 12:53am
Having a little time I thought a "hasbeen" would share some old lies... I mean stories of "back in the day." The ski club I was a member of had some movers and shakers in it and it was decided we would sponsor a world record capability three event ski tournament. Subsequent all the the red tape and prerequisites it was on. The Baker brothers, Bruce and Gary and a slalom skier named Jim Conley spearheaded the feat and were responsible for pulling this whole thing off. You can not even imagine the work involved. Having the slalom course surveyed and certified is an example. Every thing was going along as expected... flawlessly. During the first day the the division Jim Conley was skiing in was called to the starting dock. He had administered the tournament. His moment had arrived. He would now be able to show the world of his ability. He reached down and picked up his slalom only to discover an anonymous party had placed a combination lock through one of the holes in the ski's fin. Can you imagine the look on his face? He threw the ski down and climbed the stairs back to the judges tower. It was all over in an instant.

Then there was Aqua-man... on the the starting dock for jumping. He was in the barrel. He tells the driver, "Gimme a 35 and split "em... and I wanna hear those secondaries kick in! His set up was perfect, his double cut was wide and fast pulling up ahead of the boat. He almost went dead in the water when he turned and cut toward the ramp. Every thing was perfect, but... when he hit the ramp he disintegrated... it was nasty...gloves, skis, and eyeballs all over the lakes surface. Aqua-man shook of the cobwebs, gathered up his gear for jump number two, and as the driver pulled along side to deliver the tow rope back to him he asked, "Did ya hear em?"
bj

hasbeenskier
SkiNautique 200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique 200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 6:47pm
?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 6:50pm
Great Stories BJ!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic