NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEW in the Crate! 350 Crusader with Trans

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW in the Crate! 350 Crusader with Trans
    Posted: May-24-2005 at 1:56am
Change of direction forces sale of BRAND NEW, in the crate (not rebuilt) , 300 horse Crusader engine with new Velvet Drive trans. This motor is a GM 5.7 (350 cid) based on the vortec small block. Its set up for RH prop.
It is complete ,ready to drop in your boat and includes the following:
..Holley marine 4bbl carb with flame arrestor.
..Velvet Drive 1:1 #10-17-004 trans w/cooler.
..High volume raw water pump.
..Pyramid style exhaust manifolds.
..Electronic ignition.
..High output-65 amp alternator.
..Prewired electrical harness.
..High-torque starter.
..Spark plugs,wires, etc.....
..Temp/oil/ sending units.
..Remote mounted oil filter.
..Owner/maintenance manual.
This motor was over 10 grand new with tax and shipping.. Asking $6000....
Why worry about rebuilding your motor and trans ,when for about the same price you can get EVERYTHING NEW? ..Again this motor is still bolted to the original shipping crate!!!
Im located in NW IL and can be reached at<kten72@yahoo.com> Thanks!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2005 at 3:07am
Anyone?.(I feel sooo lonely):(   Wow,new record,"view to response ratio"?..
May consider interesting "partial" trades? Actually,Im looking for a 1937 Chevy coupe,street rod. (thats part of the reason the motors for sale!) Maybe a Barricuda ss boat? What have you got?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mike View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 3:01am
What I got is a "72 El Camino with a 502 with less than 50 miles on the drivetrain. Body is solid, needs tires, wheels(rusty), has new interior, good black paint. I can be reached @ mdifiore@ameritech.net, or cell # 847.774.5810
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2005 at 3:15am
Mike, I just sold my 66 elky. It was a factory 4 speed rust-free Az truck. Hated to let her go ...but wanted to start "rat-holing" money for a 37.

Im also restoring a 70 Chevelle SS ragtop, along with a 64 American Skier and a 62 wooden inboard. Just too many projects!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Bryan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 2:50pm
Do you still have the Crusader?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2005 at 4:35am
Bryon,
Yes I do have it...if you want pics ,let me know your email. Thanks, Steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Jim View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2005 at 10:42pm
62 Wood,

Please email me pics and any additional info.

thanks,
Jim

mcarthuj@bellsouth.net
bdbohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdbohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 6:02am
Hi 62 wood;
I have a 62 wood also. My wife says its just a pile of lumber. Someday...
It is sitting upside down in the garage right now completely torn down. I've replaced most of the frame members with white oak. I have new plywood for the bottom & sides. I was in the middle of making scarf joints for the bottom plywood, when I switched jobs and moved from Indiana to Arizona. I am just about ready to pick up where I left off. I have a 72 Cutlass Conv. I finished in 2002, this seems to be less intensive. Would love to hear from you about your progress on your 62 (last year CC made a wood boat!).
Best Regards,
-Bruce-
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 9:30am
Bruce, Steve's 62 is a Higgins. How about some pictures of your project. I see from your previous post that it it is a Tournament? We'd love to see it.
What method are you using for scarfing? With a bright finish hull, the scarfing can get real tricky! Why did you go with white oak frames? The original weren't - hopefully you aren't planning on some big re-power!

BTW, The last year of wood was 1964

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 12:45pm
Bruce, I found this picture of Steve's Higgins because I wanted you to see that he get's his wife Pam to help!! No "pile of lumber" comments from her. It all in the training manual that we all give to our wives. Now the big problem is whether or not they follow that manual! I however, need to confess that my wife stays out of my shop but that is her own choice. There are times that help would be appreciated.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Bruce, I found this picture of Steve's Higgins because I wanted you to see that he get's his wife Pam to help!! No "pile of lumber" comments from her.

Pete,
You should hear what she says about the "wood" when she's not in public!

Bruce,
Heres a "sunny-side-up" pic of the 62.

now, lets get some pics of your 62 posted!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 1:03am
Steve,
You ever sell that 350 that was the reason for this thread ?
I saw your comments about the 37 Chevy. I have 1/2 of a 36 Chevy pickup street rod sitting in the garage. Been working on it on and off for years. Frame and drivetrain are pretty much done. Needs lots of work on the cab. No bed to speak of. I hope to finish it one day.
37 is a nice looking street rod. Good luck with locating one.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 2:19am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

Steve,
You ever sell that 350 that was the reason for this thread ?
I saw your comments about the 37 Chevy. I have 1/2 of a 36 Chevy pickup street rod sitting in the garage. Been working on it on and off for years. Frame and drivetrain are pretty much done. Needs lots of work on the cab. No bed to speak of. I hope to finish it one day.
37 is a nice looking street rod. Good luck with locating one.

Roger,
Man ,they dug this thread out of the cobwebs...Nope, I never sold the Crusader ...(my wife"suggested" advertising it..I never really wanted to )

Since then ,I sold my 66 el Camino,and found a street/strip 37 coupe. Heres a pic of it..

Good luck on your 36...got any pics?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 1:29am
I forgot all about this post.

Nice looking 37 you got there Steve. It is always nice to find what you are looking for. I have no pictures of my 36. Not far enough along to point a camera at it yet. I still have plans...

Do you think that 350 would replace the 351 in my 80 Ski with little effort ?
I am in agreement with you on the better to replace with new than time and money on rebuild.
What about the motor mounts ?

If you think that it would drop in, send me a note to my email - rreavis@cisco.com
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by critter critter wrote:

I am in agreement with you on the better to replace with new than time and money on rebuild.

The day will come when you understand the importance of originality.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2008 at 2:27pm
I already agree with originality for many things. This ski is for skiing and not for showing so I am more focused on cost and reliability than originality for this one.

But I do understand your point and it did make me think more about it.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic