NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ski nautique 176 ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ski nautique 176 ??
    Posted: February-27-2004 at 1:07pm
I' ve been looking for a used nautique and came across a 1996 ski nautique 176. for $13000 with 200 hrs on it. thing is Ive never heard of or seen one in person only the picture. something about it looks different I just can't figure out what. please post any info you may know about this model also if you think this is a good price seems low for a '96
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2004 at 5:17pm
There was a 176 Ski Nautique made back in the late '90's. It was just a scaled down version of the regular SN. Same engine, just a more compact edition. Had a friend with an Air Tique from the period, seems like they were built off the same hull.

Might be something over in the reference section of this site.

Not a bunch made, haven't a clue as to the value.

Are you close enough to a CC dealer that you could stop in and ask more?

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 6:13pm
Correct Craft made these at least as late at 1998. Yes, it seems to be same hull in the Ski Nautique 176 as the Air Tique. Check out the Ski Nautique 176 / Air Tique page in the 1998 brochure.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 6:32pm
Also found this old 1998 article on Waterski Mag's site:
Waterski Online.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2004 at 8:27pm
Thanks for the info! any thoughts on the price for this boat? having a hard time finding a new boat and its time to start skiing
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2004 at 1:17am
$13000 sounds about right depending on where in the country you are. Does it have fuel injection or carborated? 96 SNs run in the high teens to 20. I beleive the 176 is in fact a 17'6' sn with the standard ones 19'60 for refernece you can search www.boattrader.com
nauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2004 at 4:21pm
I may be a little too late in replying to this thread. I just found the site today. Great site!

Anyway, I own a '96 Ski 176. I've seen many on boat trader ranging from $14k to $17k. I was fortunate to buy mine from an individual who was needing to get out from under his loan. I purchased mine for $11,700 last summer. It had 198 hours on it and the upholstery was covered in mildew. With a little elbow grease I was able to restore the vinyl to "like new".

These boats are 17'6" without the swim platform. They originally retailed for around $18k, so they are holding their value quite well. The hull is slightly different than its older brother the 196. I primarily use mine for wakeboarding and surprisingly it puts out a nicer wake than the 196. My buddy has a 196 and is quite jealous of my wake.

The wake just has a better shape to it, not as vertical, more of a ramp. Most are carborated and come with a 260hp Ford 351. Despite the 50 less horsepower than the 196 it has no problem with the hole shot or top end speed. The only downside is a lack of space. If you typically go out with a large group this may not be the boat for you. However, if you ususally go out with no more than 4 guests and like the idea of your boat fitting in your garage, this boat is definitely all you could need.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2004 at 5:21pm
Nauty,
Please post pictures of your 176 to the Diaries Section.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic