Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Horse Power Rating

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Robb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse Power Rating
    Posted: July-07-2010 at 1:20am
I'm now officially the owner of a 1974 Correct Craft Martinique and a new member of CorrectCraftFan.com! The website actually gave me the courage to take the plunge and go for my first inboard for good or for bad. I'm hoping for good.

I've been trying to find out what the official rated horsepower for my Waukesha PCM 351 is. I've searched the manuals in the reference section and don't find a match for the nomenclature listed. The motor tag that says Pleasure Craft Marine Engine Division, Waukesha Motor Co. list the following Model/Serial No.: WRD-WR-R-10-10192. I'm guessing it's 255 Hp, but the previous owner didn't think that sounded right.

I'm sure I've simply overlooked it somewhere in a manual. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Robb
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2010 at 11:15am
Youre correct- it will be the standard 240/255hp 351w. The rating changed year to year it seems, depending on whose literature you believe (CC vs. PCM/Waukesha).

Welcome!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic