NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need fun ideas for ski show runs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need fun ideas for ski show runs
    Posted: August-11-2010 at 4:05pm
I need ideas for "filler" runs between tricks at our labor day ski show. This is NOT a highly polished group of skiers, just some folks having fun. The problem is that it takes some time to set up the tricks and the same small group of individuals is involved with all of the tricks. So I 'm looking for easy passes some of the kids could do to eliminate down time from the spectators point of view.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 4:26pm
Get out the disc and milk stool. Not that difficult to learn and has some visual impact.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 4:32pm
We did a alumni ski show for the kids the weekend of our 50 year aniversary a couple years ago. It was actually quite funny!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 5:56pm
white hair + tube = win
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

white hair + tube = win

I figured there'd be a speedo comment in here somewhere.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 6:39pm
At the annual Labor Day show on our lake, we regularly fill with one or more of the following:

Clown Act - 3-6 kids on combos dress up in costumes skiing together (we would have this at 'intermission' and the kids would drop at the beach , swim ashore and work the crowd to collect donations for the club)

Youngest Skier - simply the youngest skier on the lake

Oldest Skier - simply the oldest skier on the lake (better yet have the youngest and oldest ski together)

Saucer/Surfboard - someone on a wooden disk or surfboard (the kind that the rope connects to)standing on something strange, i.e. chair, milk crate, etc. (as Kevin suggested)

Skier Salute - 2-3 skiers on combos simply holding flags (i.e. American flag, state flag, ski club flag, etc.)

Other idea:
When I was 4 yrs. old I used to ride on the surfboard (the one described above) with my dog and then pretend to fall off and my dog would go around by himself.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 6:42pm
Or ... Clown Act:
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

white hair + tube = win

I figured there'd be a speedo comment in here somewhere.

Somehow, I get the feeling this may have been directed to me?? No, no tubes in the "old folks" show. Keep in mind that the majority of the alumni were skilled and talented plus tubes back then were big old tractor tire innertubes that we used simply to float around in. Mark (LLS) did made a couple of BF runs. All I did was drive the boats.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 7:04pm
speedo + turtleneck ?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 7:15pm
We were part of a unique act today. While pulling my 8 year old slalom a jet ski approched to the point where if I didn't stop he would have either hit us in the boat or my kid skiing. I stopped, hurrily got Blake in the boat while my daughter pulled in the rope. I then chased the bast__d to the public beach and swore at him for a good ten minutes loud enough for the entire beach to hear. I'm sure it was very entertaining to those in attendance.

Needless to say police patrols duroing the week are non existant.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 7:23pm
I ***************ing love this video

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 7:42pm

I ***************ing love this video

thanks its a MC wonder if the tranny still works after that manouver...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2010 at 7:46pm
final seconds of the video..you see the guy pushing the lever forward position a couple of times...but it seems gear doesn´t engage..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 10:35am
I like the youngest skier, we're working on waterskiing dogs, the saucer and chair.

Clowns on skiis? Thats me on a normal day, I'll work on getting quinner to participate!

Any other ideas?
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 12:46pm
Kids, dogs and clowns all work great! We used up a little time introducing everyone and telling the crowd a little about our boats. While one crew was getting ready another was being introduced and the third was getting prepped.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 1:08pm
Tube and a blow up doll.

Slam it into the side of a boat and listen to the crowd....

FrankT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2010 at 7:28pm
Gary, lets try this:

Land Start

FrankT
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 12:14am
Think we could get Vern to don an orange strangler and pull off this routine:

clowning around
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2010 at 3:08am
I know this goes against every skiing rule...but i thought it would be funny to drag a tube thru all the rough chop with a jet ski while the boats re-rope. If you have an announcer you could have him yell at the jet ski and make light of the skier/jet-ski hatred....Just a thought
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 9:32pm
No pwc's allowed on our Lake
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

You don't know how lucky you are
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

You don't know how lucky you are

I second that!!!! I'd love to get rid of all those pesky f&*^#@$!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic