Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot race in Michigan, Sept 18th

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 1:25am
James good to have met you and the others next time i want to check out that air. Pat
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 3:41pm
Pat neither boat will get winterized for atleast 3 more weeks. There is still time this year, or it will be at next years buckethead race.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:18pm
For some.reason.I can't FB anything to you i'll have to reboot. Anyway cool email me your number I am staying home this weekend but maybe I can jet over next weekend i'll call you. What lake do you ski on. Pat
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:05pm
Ford Lake
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:39pm
Another great pic, awesome.

Just curious, but what are your average runs? 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 20 minutes?
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 2:33pm
Hollywood this was my first time every doing a race before but I have gone end to end at my lake just over 2 miles I had just learned about this race I will be doing more now I had fun so I will be working on better distance and if you go to pfelgner on youtube we have a clip of the start of this rece and the water conditions we're nothing I would have ever footed on I was happy with the first run at those conditions water got better so did the runs. There were a few that I guess went 4-5 miles before rotation. Pat
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 2:48pm
Pat looked like a veteran racer in that video.
Wood
On our team, we have guys who will run 1-3 miles (me) and guys who will run 4-6 miles. There are teams that have footers who can barely make a deep up, and teams that have footers who will run 16 mile stretches. I met a guy in Atlanta, Steady Eddie who some say will run the boat out of gas if the conditions are right. The conditions have a lot to do with the run. In the rough water, a lot depends on the boat you're footing behind. We started off in some crap water. The BFN smoothed the water down nicely. The guy behind the MasterCraft was getting beat up.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 2:54pm
Steady Eddie lives on Lake Norman and is a friend of Reid's. He's been pictured on the site here many times. I'm pretty sure he'll be around this weekend too. He sure can foot.
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 3:02pm
What's going this weekend... I have this Barefoot race/competition bug... It's almost worse than footin' fever..

PS... Had a blast with you guys up there for the lockwood. Would foot with you guys anytime.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 3:29pm
Hollywood, you thinking about trying this out next year??? I'd be willing to give it a try. Although I know you have tons of guys on Deep Lake that are WAY better then me. Ha Maybe I'll just drive!
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 8:44pm
Steve will be riding behind my boat more. Rip I am with you footin fever really sucks seasons coming to an end footin has been my passion more then ever this year still going to try and hook up with you this weekend probably sun if it works out i'll call you tomorrow. I am trying to hook up with James for a run or to before the end looking at a dry suit. Also thinking of planning a long weekend around beginning of year lugging a boat or two down to atlanta area if we can get a group to split up costs my buddy did it a few years ago.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 1:04am
Hollywood team Top Gun has some very stout footers on their team. I watched Brent (Merlin) from team Top Gun foot just over 15 miles at 51MPH on the gps at the Buckethead race behind my Air. Cinditions for the most part were ideal for the last 10 miles. Lots of one footing alternating of the feet on these long runs.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2010 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Another great pic, awesome.

Just curious, but what are your average runs? 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 20 minutes?

As others have mentioned....it all depends.

I skied in one on Beaver Dam Lake here last year. It was windy (3' swells) and got canceled on Saturday then rescheduled for Sunday. It was still a bit chippy on Sunday morning. One of the guys on a team with a SkiPro skied to the turn around point, about 11 miles. As I recall they ended up making a skier change a couple hundred yards before the finish in order to meet the requirement that everyone took a rotation! Skiing up on the table of that boat was a big advantage....no BFN were in the race that day. They also had rope length and the rigging dialed in. Others, ours included, had a tougher time and struggled skiing through rough water for the entire 22 miles. Our runs varied from a hundred yards to a mile or so.....
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:15pm
I was kind of curious as to where I'd fall with the rest of the competition. I'm sure I'll participate in one of these some day.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2011 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by waterskier2007 waterskier2007 wrote:

Hey guys,
Just figured that I would throw this up here. I figured you all might enjoy it

Brendan

Brendan do you still have this pic file saved? If so can you send it to me?
waterskier2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterskier2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2011 at 6:11pm
James,
What's your email?

-Brendan Kirchner
Glass is made to be shattered

85BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic