NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FCC Bowl removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AussieNorts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieNorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FCC Bowl removal
    Posted: September-21-2010 at 8:17pm
Guys i have tried to remove the FCC bowl with no success, i have drained and disconnected it. I used a good strap wrench and broke it trying to undo the FCC bowl, does anyone have a suggestion as to how i can get this bowl off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

97` Sport Nautique
Correct craft.....is there any other boat?
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 7:48am
Found this old thread when searching for another so instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just update this one.

Steve, I did the filter change in my FCC today. They sure are tight I thought my strap wrench was about to break also. I remembered a old thread where Joel (M3Fan) and Jody (Fl Inboards) recommended using channel locks? we call them multigrips.

So off to the shops for some large multigrips. Surprised how easily it then came loose. The filter was quite dirty. In previous posts it had been mentioned about the hose connecting the pump was prone to cracking and leaking. It appears as though mine had been replaced by some black fuel line as it was supposed to be harder plastic style hose.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 9:23am
"multi grips" Another term from down under!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
crobi2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crobi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:29pm
Nice post! When you put it back together do you use never seize or something on the threads?
C-Rob

2000 SAN
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 8:20pm
Some never seize on threads may help future removal, and rubber grease on the new o-ring. I just tightened it up with the strap wrench snug. I think the last time it was changed Popeye owned the boat.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2012 at 2:28pm
I actually had to go rent a huge pipe wrench to get mine off the first time (never taken off before). That actually made it fairly easy compared to almost giving myself an aneurism with straps, filter wrenches, channel locks, etc.. With grease, etc., I've been able to get it off with a big strap, but it is still hard. I don't take it off enough to justify purchasing a huge pipe wrench, but renting it for $10 for literally less than 15 minutes (including the drive to and from) is well worth it!

Interesting that some of the hoses were a clear plastic. My '96 came from the factory with the black "fuel line" hose. But that is what the problem was; it developed a pin hole and I lost pressure. I assume it is probably due to the ethanol used in the gas. I've been into the FCC twice and after the hassle of removing it, I would suggest to anyone opening that up that they replace the hose each time.
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
whiz05403 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiz05403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2013 at 12:04am
Good thread, bump!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic