NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

barefoot handle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barefoot handle
    Posted: November-09-2010 at 7:23pm
boom is gone ..and as the handle is also borrowed I want to step ahead and order one...I have what seems to be a BI front toehold handle...
What is the recommendation of the experts?

I saw also some nice long line combos of spectra and a handle at 129 but its not a towhold handle..
so you think I need 2 handles?
For my long line runs I´m using now the bi handle in the wake line..

nobody uses the mouth hold that comes in the new handles??nice trick..
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 7:32pm
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 7:36pm
I have several 20+ year old BI handles in near perfect condition. We're 2/2 on cracked plastic BFCo. front toe handles. If you already have a front toe just get a wake/starts handle to take the LL dragging abuse. Mouth and neck holds are stupid, BI seems to be the only MFG left putting the strap on there.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 7:39pm
I've never seen a barefoot rope last more than 3 seasons with whatever foam it has around the plastic on the handles. A couple deep ups/letting go of the handle at 45 it's gonna rip...

'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:14pm
I'm not talking about the foam, the plastic tubes the rope goes through in the Y. If I notice the foam tearing I put electrical tape on it. Also, the BFCo handle material seems slicker than the BI. The EVA foam (like a wakeboard handle) that MasterLine (RSWaterSports) uses tires my hands out quickly. In typical BI fashion, their handles seem to be the toughest. Lake Elmo always gets a thumbs up from me.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

A couple deep ups/letting go of the handle at 45 it's gonna rip...

your supposed to let go of the handle when you fall...
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 9:24pm
I'll throw my vote in for the Barefoot International handles being about the best you'll find in the durability department. I've got several of them but the one I leave on the boom most of the time was an already used handle I bought from Mike at Footstock.....I don't know how long he had used it but the tubing was all yellowed when I got it. It has been beat to pieces for 3 or 4 years on the end of my boom and finally this summer, one of the end caps started to tear a little. I figure I might only get another 3 or 4 years out of it
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2010 at 9:36pm
So, not a lot of barefooting experience, but I recently purchased the BI handle and Spectra line. That decision was based on seeing the condition of my neighbors two handles. Hollywood, you and Quinner used them that day on Lake ShangriLa. Those handles and ropes are at least 10 years old, and they have held up really well.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:32am
Toss up between BI and Masterline spectra have had both for several years with little wear, but recently bought a new Masterline FTH for the colder weather.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 9:50am
Buy a Barefoot International and forget about it. they last for years!   

Oh and don't use the teeth hold! it's not good for your dental work!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic