Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trick Ski Release - SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trick Ski Release - SOLD
    Posted: April-06-2011 at 2:33am
Anyone interested in purchasing the subject. Bought my boat with one installed on the ski pole. Looks like they retail for over $200. Make me an offer. I pulled this picture off of the web as an example. I'll get you a picture if you are interested. If you look at my boat page...the picture of the engine shows a top view of it.

This one SOLD on 4/11/11 for $85 with shipping. Thanks.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2011 at 1:25pm
So it fits on the taper?
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2011 at 4:54pm
Good catch. I am going to say yes, it is tapered to fit the top of the pole on my 92 SN. The pictured release is not on a tapered pole.

I will verify.

Thanks
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 12:30am
Pictures of the Guardian Trick Release. It is tapered. the diameter of the top opening is 2.25" and the bottom opening is 2.5"

MFG label

ready to ski position

pull the blue rope and the skier is released
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:07am
They have come a long way. I used to use the casad and the saftey pop. The saftey pop put several gel coat dings in back of my boat. Got drug many times also when the saftey pop did not release. The good ole days!!
83Ski
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 1:26am
Http://elberts.com/trickrelease.pdf
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2011 at 2:10pm
I might be interested how much?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2011 at 5:24pm
That's a nice release, has the bearing in the bottom so the pin can roll out of it when it's under a heavy load.

Those are the ones us show skiers prefer! :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic