Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Engine is this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Engine is this?
    Posted: April-10-2011 at 12:19am
1999 Sport Nautique in Mint condition but what engine is this exactly?

Throttle Body Injection?
Basic Ford Carb?

This boat is available for 19,000.00 and is in incredible condition with 240 hours on it as well as stored indoors when not in use.

Please check photo bucket for engine pics and let me know

http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa374/Turk709/1999%20Correct%20Craft%20Ski%20Nautique/
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 1:56am
It looks like the 5.8 HO 280Hp
Go to the reference section under 1999 brochures
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 2:53am
boat looks very clean, but yeah, that is a carbed 351, 5.8.

TBI is a GM motor thing, its either efi or carbed on a ford motor. That's a good thing as I'm definitely not a fan of the TBI GM motors I've seen.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 4:21am
Thank you I appreciate your expertise...yes its beyond clean it has been cared for very well
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 9:03am
Joe nice looking 1999 Sport same colours as my 98. I think it is a little over priced at $19000 though.

It is the 290HP HO carby engine.

Tom PCM did the Protec throttle body injection on the Ford HO engine in 94 it was only a short run though until the Ford based GT40 MPI was released.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Tom PCM did the Protec throttle body injection on the Ford HO engine in 94 it was only a short run though until the Ford based GT40 MPI was released.

Good call Mark- though PCM offered the TBI alongside the GT40 in '95 as well.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 5:44pm
Wow, PCM tried it I guess then. Interesting, but I don't know why they would try that because the ford EECIV production car based efi was out since 1986. They must have done that because they probably said that there would be EFI on the 5.8 for 94 and they needed a stop gap until they figured out the intricacies of the ford MPFI in a marine app.

I guess I still don't see why PCM needed a high and a low psi fuel pump when the ford autos only need 1 single tank mounted HP fuel pump. Until you run into super high hp, most guys with mustangs run only a single pump.   Gotta be something to do with marine approval and a back up in case 1 pump goes out that you can idle home.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2011 at 9:49pm
Tom think about it high and low pressure pumps. It will not run without both working. The low pressure provides fuel to the FCC the high pressure pump supplies the injectors. The FCC was a PCM solution for the fuel injection. It eliminates the need for a high pressure fuel line from the tank and the high pressure return line to the tank.

I think your dates for the EEC1V are out. They still used it on some 5 litre Windsor's in Australia in 1999/2000.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 1:15am
Yes, the single fuel pumps are high pressure pumps in auto use.

Several guys have had running issues on their GT40's when one of the pumps goes out. Many times they can limp home on one pump.

I forgot about the return fuel line though.

Since PCM is an American company, I did not mention the EEC1V in use in other countries, but I am well aware of the use of 5.8's down under much longer than they were used in the US. In the US, the last use of the 5.8 351W was in the F series trucks and E series full size vans dating to 1996, 1997 if you consider the last year on the old chassis trucks for 97 250 and 350 versions as the 97 F150's were all modular V8's.

I never mentioned what date the 5.8 was last used in my earlier post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic