Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang/American Skier/Ski tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skilax06md View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skilax06md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mustang/American Skier/Ski tique
    Posted: March-09-2004 at 4:27pm
Hey fellow boat nuts,

Im lookin to buy a used Mustang/American Skier/ Ski Tique. Does anyone know of any good places or resources to look for these types of boats? Im kind of restricted to boats that are located in the mid atlantic coast region. Any help or information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm gettin more serious about wakeboarding, can't afford a new boat, so Im lookin for a small ski boat (17 feet or less) that I can use in the water behind my house.
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 2:10am
flipsell.com
love2ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 8:03pm
skilax06md, I have a 1971 Mustang for sale you can see it on this web site. (1971-1975 diaries) Let me know what you think .
skilax06md View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skilax06md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 8:28pm
Hey paul,

I just sent you an email. Im interested in the boat.

andy mechling
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2004 at 3:10pm
steve, the guy i purchased the 60 cc starflite from has a showroom fresh skitique up for grabs. if anyone is interested, i can forward some contact info.

it's a jaw dropper.
fixinboats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixinboats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2004 at 5:15pm
Hi all!

My 1st time in this forum...I was looking for Jon Ellis, with the '74 Martinique for sale. I e-mailed to his address, and it returned to me undeliverable. Anyone able to help? I restored a Freeport and sold it, so I'm looking for another one to rebuild...Thanks....Curt
Teacher of boats
simme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2004 at 4:34pm
Here's a question...Do all mustangs have Ford engines? I love the look of a mustang, but have sentimental attachments to chevy. I can swallow my pride, though, if theres no alternative.

-j
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2004 at 11:28pm
It's a fact that all Mustangs surely didn't come with just Ford engines, only the faster ones. Aah, just kidding, as plenty came with Chryslers. Oops, missed again, you said Chevy, didn't you. I've yet to see an original vintage hull (up thru 1970) with a bowtie, not to say they didn't make any, but I've seem a handfull of the 1971-up boats with GM motors, mostly OMC 307's and later 305's. But don't let that stop you from buying a particularly good Mustang as everyone knows that you can come by a small block Chevy for a decent price, even a reverse rotation marine version. Keep looking and good luck.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

simme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2004 at 2:44pm
I was eating my dinner last night when I realized the error in my ways...It just couldn't be a "mustang" without a Ford engine. This I will just have to deal with I guess, since I don't want to take away from the continuity of such a stellar machine. I'll stick with Ford.

-j
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2004 at 12:15am
Hey, now I wasn't saying that. If you or anyone else likes Chevy power as much as my ridiculous desire for a Ford mill, then I say go for it. I was saying find a nice boat and swap in the engine of your choice. In my opinion it certainly won't hurt the value or originality of the boat, as no one will know unless you tell them or if they care enough to look up the serial number, and then who really cares as you're not talking about a $50,000 Z-28 with matching numbers. The boat will probably bring you even more enjoyment with "your" engine as with a vintage inboard boat the engine is so much more of an individual part of the package as opposed to an automobile. If you take a Mustang car or Camaro, Corvette, etc., no one needs to ask, "what's in it?", because they already know. It's always one of the first questions with an older boat, because there were so many options. And I've found out these and other types of V-8 powered boats can be a great medium or platform for getting your performance ya-yas out if you're so inclined. Plus, I've yet to get a speeding ticket in the boat, and I surely make lots of noise. A few years back, there was a really neat SkiTique at the Orlando Reunion with a 400 small block Chevy, and I know that wasn't original. Go for it!   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

simme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2004 at 1:51pm
Thanks for the encouragement, you were much more forgiving than my dad. He's a mustang (car) enthusiast.

-j
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic