NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELLLLPPPPP SLOLAM SKI!!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELLLLPPPPP SLOLAM SKI!!!
    Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:29am
my wife wants this ski 5'0 100lbs??? $339.00

any thoughts????Joe john reid?
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:57am
Halston,

Being in Florida there must be a good pro shop near you, are you near Orlando, Performance Ski is a great place.

You may want to check out a pro shop or two, sometimes you can find great deals but as important you can almost always demo ski's and boots before you buy them.

Although you can certainly adjust to any ski over time, there is alot to be said for trying them out first.

PS, she would want a 64"-65" ski, or maybe a 63" if she ski's over 30mph
gcll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:03am
not sure about that ski, but i bought a obrien world tour ski last year and it looks like crap- it was blue and sun faded into a puke gray color, it was in the sun very little. it was next to my duvall that i've had for 15 yrs, that still looks new
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:42pm
Do not waste that kind of money on a recreational ski(er), find something used for under $100 that will accomplish the same thing.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:59pm
i was thinking the same thing. But my wife had a ski that she has rode her whole life and likes it but it is falling apart now. she wants one exactly like it

obrein comp ???
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:18pm
Did you tryski-it-again.com
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:32pm
Sweet if she is tired of that "Old" ski and wants an upgrade then that looks like a perfect candidate for a shot ski...
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 1:33pm
You couuld always find a some replacement bindings for it if she doesn't want to part with it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:53pm
Geez, you guys always trying to make shot skis out of perfectly good skis! Sweets, I sent you an email about a ski you may be interested in- let me know if it doesnt come through. Dont even think about drilling holes in that O'Brien... send it to me and Ill be glad to give it a good workout- on the water!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 3:13pm
I also have a good candidate ski for you if Tim's doesn't work out- a 2000 65" HO ASX. It would be a great ski for her. It'd be cheap.

I have that identical O'Brien comp in the garage, BTW!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Merkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

my wife

Pictures or it did not happen.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2011 at 11:04pm

Hoss--- You tell Jenn- if she wants this Ski-- Come and Get it!!

65"   Yard Sale Item-Karen picked up!

Anyone coming up this way? Green Lake from Florida? Tell me who to give it to so I can get it to her and it's HER'S !
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2011 at 11:29am
Second vote for Shot Ski.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 5:52pm
Sweet- check out the ski I just listed in the for sale section
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 12:17am
What is a shot ski? Am I too old or not old enough to know?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:07pm
neither, top secret info there , SJRR 2012 will be a good place to further your education into the CCFan club..........
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

neither, top secret info there , SJRR 2012 will be a good place to further your education into the CCFan club..........

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

What is a shot ski? Am I too old or not old enough to know?

Fun for kids of all ages. Demonstrated here by celebrity CCF spokesmodels.

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:27pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 8:36pm
Ahhh I should have known! that is pretty cool.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 12:05am
What? Are you daft man? 350 lousy clams to keep mamma happy after all the cash you have dumped on this crazy hobby? You are nuttier than squirrel turds dude. Buy her the GD ski and give it to her with a big kiss.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
john_33612 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_33612 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 1:47pm
http://www.sunandski.com/Ho_Sports_Comp_Venture_Slalom_Ski_with_boots_p/0851056841000.htm
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2012 at 2:13pm
Regarding the original post, the O'Brien Mission. I bought one in 2010 (Christmas), it was a 2009 model (Red & Black), so I paid just under $150 (NOS) with single binding X-9 and rear toe strap. I like the ski, it uses a similar design to the SIXAM, it has a full concave bottom (instead of modified on the SIXAM) and a small sharp bevel (instead of the sharp to round transitional bevel on the SIXAM). These changes to the Mission were done to allow aggressive skiing at slower speeds (below 34 mph). I find it extremely fast, when you roll it over, it really cranks, I can't believe the acceleration. It also is quick in the transition. I do have a little issue slowing it down in the pre-turn, but that is likely a fin adjustment. This ski is such a different beast then what I had skied on previously (1980's technology - one of Obrien's first non wood ski's). Additionally, somehow I got hooked on this whole ski-less skiing, and have not spent as much time on the slalom as I would have prior to my new found addiction...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic