Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water Skiers in Houston

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tofasttoocare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tofasttoocare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Skiers in Houston
    Posted: July-06-2011 at 1:54pm
I am currently living in Salt Lake City, UT and am going to be relocated to Houston for my job. I am guessing there will be more waterskiing in Houston but haven't found any lakes that look like they would support it. Where do people ski in the Houston area? Are there clubs to join? I am hoping I can find someplace to run bouys again.

Thanks!
Jay
1996 SNOB

350 Chevy Pro Ski TBI

PCM 1.23:1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tofasttoocare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 1:55pm
I should also mention I have a boat, see signature.
1996 SNOB

350 Chevy Pro Ski TBI

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 2:15pm
hello Jay,

There are several private lakes around town. On the east side is a place called M2 sports that I know you can buy a pull thru a course. On the south side there is Houston water sports complex.

As far as public water. There is lake houston which might be a little low. The lower San Jacinto river which is great skiing water but brackish.

What side of town will you be living in?
83Ski
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2011 at 3:32pm
I'm going back 20 years here since I lived in Houston, but like Don said, the lower San Jacinto was great on weeknites or early weekend mornings. Skied there a lot on weeknites because we could be on the water by 5:30. Got crazy on Weekends. San Bernard River, about an hour south of town at the 521 bridge in Brazoria was great even on a lot of weekends, of course that could be different now. The lakes in the area, Conroe, Livingston, Houston, I rarely went to, but my recollection is busy on weekends, shallow in places, stumpy, as they are all man-made. Hill country up around Austin is beautiful and some nice lakes, including Canyon, but again, busy/windy-rough on weekends. Skiing in the morning, fun on the water later in the day. Nice for weekend outings. Rivers are nice. Long straight runs, no tubers doing donuts all over the lake....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tofasttoocare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2011 at 6:49pm
Thanks for the information. I am not sure where I am going to live yet. Proably around Rice Universtiy. I am going to have to find a place to store the boat. Are there any problems with gators on the San Jacinto river?
1996 SNOB

350 Chevy Pro Ski TBI

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2011 at 1:26pm
no gators on the lower san jac
83Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic