NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Around the boat - advice wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Around the boat - advice wanted
    Posted: September-20-2011 at 1:21am
Might give it a shot this weekend, if my buddies are coming to ride.
Thanks for all your advice!
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

There are many different thoughts on this-
but not with waiting to make your cut-

Go try it both ways and report back.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 6:24pm
There are many different thoughts on this-
I agree with waterski on shorting the rope up but not with waiting to make your cut-
The way I learned was with the boat up to speed the driver would signal to cut hard and then the boat would turn creating the whip and then as the skier was approaching maximum speed the boat would cut back around.
One of the tricks I found was always to look away from the boat so that it was only visible out of the corner of your eye.
BTW I have seen the Sarasota SKI-A-REES pull a 8 person around the boat
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 8:40pm
I met several Americans who lived there that did just that. They had a name for the 50 year old divorced guys who moved down there and married young local girls that was pretty funny but I cannot remember it.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 8:31pm
Thanks dwcar!

Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

I thought the terrain looked familiar. I would love to come back down for a visit. The problem is I would never want to come back!

Easy solution: stay!
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 1:08am
Looks like you are very close. not bad
83Ski
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 6:03pm
I thought the terrain looked familiar. I would love to come back down for a visit. The problem is I would never want to come back!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 3:26am
Thanks everybody!

Keeganino, that's the lake I'm on. Indeed it's huge, and on a busy day there's 5 boats or so on it. Love it! If you ever happen to be in the area again let me know!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 11:09pm
What lake are you on in Costa? I was in Arenal a few years ago. Huge lake there. Lots of wind surfers. Pretty cool trick. Never seen anybody do that on a wakeboard before.

1973 Skier
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 6:16pm
I forgot to mention something. Don't wear gloves, you'll look like a tool.

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 4:39pm
I don't think this won't help you with your ATB, but it's a cool ATB video that our guys shot two weeks ago.

GoPro on the helmet ATB
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:03pm
There have been a couple threads on this in the past, Pauly Banana even posted some pictures.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 12:47pm
You can shorten the rope some to learn it, then let it out longer.

Start your cut after the boat turns. Right now you cut and then the boat turns.

At 24 seconds in you should be letting off of your edge and starting more of a glide while still keeping the rope tight.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 2:38am
Some time ago I decided to give it a shot. Made it, but not perfect yet:
Around the boat
Looks like I need to keep driving/turning a little bit more before the stop and turn. Any showskiers here that can give some advice?
And for a full '360' where I'd continue in the same direction? Keep going even more than for the '180'?
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic