NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a Ski
    Posted: September-01-2011 at 12:34pm
This summer, I got off of the combo and onto a buddy's 20 year old connelly comp ski, much better! So I'm looking for some ideas, I'm 160 lbs, still a novice, but would like a ski I can grow into, I skied a world team and did not like it, however the bindings did not fit tightly enough, so that may have been the problem.

Any ideas on a used ski I should be searching out, i don't plan to spend big $$$, just looking for a fun ski that likes to turn.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 2:18pm
There are thousands of skis out there that fit your ability and style. You shouldn't spend more than $100.

Connelly keeps PDFs of their full equipment line brochures almost 20 years back, go check them out. It's under the "skier support" tab or something like that.

A black with blue flames HO Mach 1 or ASX (orange and purple tribal?) would be good for you. These skis are about 10 years old.
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 2:57pm
Try Ski-it-again.com you will find all kinds of equipment and great response on enquiry's
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 9:37pm
What about this one:

Mach 1

If nothing else, I found Marty's next ski!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:15am
Man- You'd have to be upside down all the time for me to like that Ski

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 3:53am
let me look in the attic...think I still have a Mach 1 that was used by me and my bro...you can have it if you want.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 11:10am
Gary, my advice from experience is if you buy (or get jbears) that particular ski is to upgrade the binding. I had the exact same front binding on my old HO ski and the "size adjust lever" on the right side of the binding snapped (being old, plastic, and brittle)while I was cutting hard back towards the center of the boat. Needless to say the binding slid right off the ski which sent me tumbling along the top of the water in postions I din't know was humanly possible. I hurt for quite a while after that. I have since bought a non adjusting binding and screwed it straight on the ski and love the cushioned footbed and support that the older skis just don't have. Just thought you'd might like to know.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 5:13pm
Not sure how tall you are but I have "come across" a nice HO 67" CDX 1 with double high wraps (front is XL and back is L) that I will accept reasonable offers on. Will try to post some pictures shortly
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 5:22pm
Gary,
Send me your email and I can send you some pictures of the ski listed above if you are interested
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 5:25pm
The CDX is a tournament ski. I've skied a 66 and 67, the 67 is too big and difficult for me to control. I'm also 160 lbs.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 6:00pm
A picture has been posted in the for sale forum
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2011 at 3:46pm
I found a Connelly carbon course 66". With the right sized Connolly vision bindings. What do you think?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2011 at 5:02pm
150 max with shipping
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 9:56pm
Opinions on a 67" Radar theory? or a 65" HO Triumph?
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 10:05pm
The theory is going to be a little big for you but will be a better fit for you than a 65. Ideally you would ski on a 66in ski, but not many of the mid-range skis are available in that size.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 1:38am
Obrien siege 66" ?
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 3:17am
That could be a good ski for you, I don't have any experience with that particular model of ski.
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 12:43am
Connelly hp 66" with sidewinder binding and rear toe plate?
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 1:32pm
Scored an obrien siege 66 with a pair of gloves and a rope keeper for 187.00 to my door from overtons, hope I like the ski! the price was right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic